> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Ballad Solo In the Style of Eric Johnson, Lesson By Jose Lassaga
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

transformer
Feb 8 2012, 07:46 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Ballad Solo In the Style of Eric Johnson by Jose Lassaga

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 8 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
Nicely played with some decent timing. There were some mistakes here and there, some notes just didn't came out, so I think you should be more patient with this lesson, and practice it on slower tempos. Your vibratos also need some work, although you are on the right track there as far as technique goes, just need to make them more wider and controlled.

Another very important thing: you guitar was way out of tune, and it drastically cut down the overall impression. Always make sure you tune your guitar when recording anything, and double check it just in case. It will pay out.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 12:45 PM
Instructor
Hey man, good attempt at this. Ivan's already pointed out the main areas for improvement so I'll just echo the 2 that leapt out at me.. some of the phrases require you to slide to another note with accurate timing, so some of those need to be practised more so you can time them the same as the lesson.

The other main thing was tuning, the overall sound was a bit flat.

Apart from that, you're not far away from being comfortable with this type of lesson so keep it up ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2012, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Hi man! You did a good effort on this one! First of all, the guitar is a bit out of tune, always remember to check it before starting recording your self. Regarding your playing is ok, there are some notes that doesn't ring and some little timing issues but the overall really makes sense. Most of you bends are perfect and your vibrato sounds good, but sometimes it could be wider.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 8 2012, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (transformer @ Feb 8 2012, 06:46 AM) *

Good job! There is a few mistakes and it seems like your guitar is out of tune! I think if you will practice this lesson a little longer you will sound brilliant!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2012, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Mate the take is good but it can be improved! Pay attention to the timing and practice it a bit more to gain confidence, once you get past that point - details such as bends and vibrato will need a bit of 'soul' into them, so try and get them as expressive as possible smile.gif Keep up the good work and you shall be there for the 10 biggrin.gif and as the guys said, always check the tuning before recording smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 8 2012, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 8 2012, 10:19 PM
Instructor
This can be a lot better! I also think you should try to slow the tempo and try to better define the phrases. It is particularly indicative at several points. Check your guitar before recording, it sounds out of tune a bit wink.gif. Keep practicing !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 13 2012, 03:29 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
close man, 6.8 on this take.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:04 PM