Slide Guitar!
Jesse
Sep 15 2008, 10:22 AM
GMC:er
I'm gonna use my acoustic to start with sliding!!!! Could anyone tell me what tuning this is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhCuqX1cvUY I'm gonna try and tune my accoustic to open d or g or something. I haven't did anything with slide yet. But I think this would perfectly fit my blues rock style!!!!! BTW, look up eric sardinas. hes the SRV for the slide:D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdriver
Sep 17 2008, 07:09 AM
Not sure.. he's using a capo.

Check out Open E tuning, it's what Derek Trucks plays all the time, and he's a fantastic slide player.

For tons of great free info on Blues and Slide playing, check out this site.

http://www.12bar.de/slide.php

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jdriver: Sep 17 2008, 07:11 AM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Sep 17 2008, 07:17 AM
Instructor
I've only recently started experimenting with a slide too, It's definately an open tuning but can't be sure which one.
Haven't dabbled in it enough. You can also use it standard tuned.
Yeah Eric Sardinas rocks:) Besides Alberto Catasso's and Muris Varajic's slide lesson's here on GMC. This month's guitar techniques has quite a bit of slide stuff in it as well to keep you busy.
Enjoy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 17 2008, 08:34 AM
Tuned my acoustic to open D and I can already play a blues slide progression, yeeehaaw!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:20 AM