2 Pages V   1 2 >  
3 Level Monthly Challenges : Guidelines, Open Challenges for Beginners, inters & Advanced
Chris Evans
Oct 2 2008, 02:04 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
GMC 3 Level Lesson Challenges

Some of you may have seen the thread in the forum on "Challenges" an idea that was initiated by Iluha! smile.gif

We decided that this was a good incentive and well worth carrying on, developing and opening up every month.

Heres how this is going to work:

Each month 3 seperate challenges will be set, a beginners (based on GMC lessons between level 1 & 3), an intermediate (based on level 4-6 lessons), and an advanced (level 7-10 lessons)
For each month there will be a "theme", for example - Soloing one month, funk the next, rhythm the following month and so on, that way we`ll have a bit more of a structure going on through out all the challenges on that month.

Each challenge will have have its own thread for members to upload there takes, uploads will have to be in the form of video only I`m afraid, this way when the poll is opened for voting we will be able to actually see you playing the whole challenge.

You`ll have 3 weeks to work on and upload your take, the final week will be for voting, a poll will be set up and GMC members will vote for the best take in each catorgory.
Although no physical prize is up for grabs here the winners will gain some form of "Challenge winners" medal beneath their avatar (details at the moment are not completly decided smile.gif ) which they will carry for the following month in recognition of their excellent commitment and achievment smile.gif

Feel free to enter into all the challenges if you wish, however for the poll you will only be considered for the hardest catorgory that you have entered.

The main purpose here is a little like the MTP but on a larger and more "open" scale, it should give you an incentive to really focus, work hard and complete lessons smile.gif

This should be good to get involved with if your looking for some direction maybe and I hope we get lots of participants each month smile.gif

Any thoughts & suggestions then please feel free to comment smile.gif

This months challenges thread is on its way!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Oct 2 2008, 02:50 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 2 2008, 02:11 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Sweeeeeeeeet biggrin.gif Can't wait rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 2 2008, 02:13 PM
Instructor
This idea is very cool

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 2 2008, 02:24 PM
GMC:er
I have just bought a webcam also smile.gif WOOHOO. When do they start?

I've seen the threads now. I will post a video smile.gif Can you only go in one discipline? Also do you have to do at full tempo?

Obviously if Advanced people do the Beginner ones they'd win every time.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 2 2008, 02:30 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 2 2008, 02:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool Idea theres hope for me yet LOL

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 2 2008, 02:38 PM
Sounds great man smile.gif I hope I find my damned camera... I want to upload my take on Guthrie's solo!

Gotta note one thing, this wasn't my intial idea, someone(sorry I forgot you'r username sad.gif ) started a challenge thread on Marcus Lavendell's board smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 2 2008, 02:38 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 2 2008, 02:24 PM) *
I have just bought a webcam also smile.gif WOOHOO. When do they start?

I've seen the threads now. I will post a video smile.gif Can you only go in one discipline? Also do you have to do at full tempo?

You should only go for the catorgory for your level OC

A lot of this is going to rely on some trust on members part that they dont enter a far easier challenges than they are capable, the whole point is to help you with incentive to achieve higher goals smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 2 2008, 02:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awsome guys, can't wait to see the uploads! smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 2 2008, 02:41 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Oct 2 2008, 02:38 PM) *
You should only go for the catorgory for your level OC

A lot of this is going to rely on some trust on members part that they dont enter a far easier challenges than they are capable, the whole point is to help you with incentive to achieve higher goals smile.gif

Can I start off in beginner and if people say I'm too good for beginner then I will try Intermediate next time. It will help me in knowing where I am up to. I don't know what level I should be trying. Also depending on what the lesson is on can affect the level of ability. My level of soloing is beginner but I can alternate pick pretty well.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 2 2008, 02:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
How about ....

You can enter as many vids as you like - all three if you want, but you only get considered for the hardest level entry?

Chris' call of course, just a suggestion!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 2 2008, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 2 2008, 02:46 PM) *
How about ....

You can enter as many vids as you like - all three if you want, but you only get considered for the hardest level entry?

Chris' call of course, just a suggestion!

Excellent idea! great solution, yes lets go for that, I`ll add that in on the guidelines.

There ya go OC laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SensE
Oct 2 2008, 03:00 PM
COOL ! what webcam can does the job? My damn Logitech was broken last weeks. Geezzz.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 2 2008, 03:02 PM
QUOTE (SensE @ Oct 2 2008, 03:00 PM) *
COOL ! what webcam can does the job? My damn Logitech was broken last weeks. Geezzz.

I got a Logitech Quickcam Sphere AF which kicks serious arse.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
SensE
Oct 2 2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks. Confusion. I will check that out !

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 2 2008, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Great idea, when does it start?

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 2 2008, 03:17 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 2 2008, 03:15 PM) *
Great idea, when does it start?

starts now smile.gif https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=20128&hl=

--------------------

+Quote Post
SensE
Oct 2 2008, 03:28 PM
Wow. Have to get a webcam first!

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Oct 2 2008, 03:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow. Supercool Idea!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 2 2008, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (SensE @ Oct 2 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Thanks. Confusion. I will check that out !

It mechanically follows you around. If you move around the room it's neck comes up and turns towards you. Just don't leave it on when you sleep. It scares the hell out of you if you suddenly wake up biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 2 2008, 03:54 PM
Very nice idea.

But if, at any month, Muris' extreme-neo-classic happens to be the advanced challenge, that deserves a prize for sure tongue.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:24 AM