Just Ordered A Small Toy
Fran
Oct 19 2009, 04:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
It's no biggie really, just a LINE6 FBV-EXPRESS foot switch to control my POD X3 smile.gif

http://www.thomann.de/es/line6_fbvexpress.htm

I usually play with my amp & stomp boxes lately, and I've got used to the convenience of stepping on different pedals in the middle of certain songs.

This weekend I started recording (here comes the POD again!), and I felt "crippled" in the sense that I couldn't video record certain tracks due to them having a mixture clean/distorted parts in between... so I went and got me one of those gadgets. They can change between 4 tones plus the expression pedal acts as a wah/volume.

There's a bigger version for the ones interested, LINE6 FBV-SHORTBOARD, with more footswitches & stuff. In my case I opted for the smaller one as I just need to switch between tones mainly.
http://www.thomann.de/es/line6_fbvshortboard.htm

They have a nice price these days too, I remember back in January they cost roughly twice as much!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 19 2009, 04:31 PM
GMC:er
Just to open yet-another avenue, the line-6 devices allow you to record a dry signal right? I know the studio models do (gx, ux, etc) so I'm thinking your x3 can do this as well. This means you can record that dry performance and re-amp with the podfarm plugin and use envelope automation to change tone mid-song. So, you'd get the following:

- record audio & video at the same time
- daw was records dry and re-usable signal
- re-amp to get the tone changes precisely when you wanted them in that performance
- automate even more than the ordinary number of footswitches if you like

The FBV is still perfect to have, so you know what you'd want to change (if you were using the above method) and also for live performance with the same switching / expression.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Joruus
Oct 19 2009, 04:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice!
I got that one too a few weeks ago, for my podXt. I don't have any other pedals so its nice to get a wah/volume with it for that price smile.gif
It works great, the big ABCD buttons are really nice, its just a bit hard to switch the pedal to wah mode. (you need to kick the pedal down wich is hard if you play sitting like i mostly do tongue.gif)

Did you get the MKII version?
I have that one but i forgot what it adds..

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 19 2009, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Congrats!
It's nice to have controls on the floor indeed. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 19 2009, 04:51 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Oct 19 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Just to open yet-another avenue, the line-6 devices allow you to record a dry signal right? I know the studio models do (gx, ux, etc) so I'm thinking your x3 can do this as well. This means you can record that dry performance and re-amp with the podfarm plugin and use envelope automation to change tone mid-song. So, you'd get the following:

- record audio & video at the same time
- daw was records dry and re-usable signal
- re-amp to get the tone changes precisely when you wanted them in that performance
- automate even more than the ordinary number of footswitches if you like

Interesting input there Jafo.

The thing is I want to record these "fast food" youtube vids as fast as possible without any "reprocessing" afterwards, hence the necessity of this gadget.
I also valued the option of adding my satchurator stomp box in front of the POD, which I'm sure could've worked fine too.

On a side note, I wonder if I could use my POD to record my tube amp (miking the amp), because I'm afraid that the POD would color the sound even if I turn off amp emulation and the rest of effects. But I guess that's a question that deserves its own thread.

QUOTE (Joruus @ Oct 19 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Nice!
I got that one too a few weeks ago, for my podXt. I don't have any other pedals so its nice to get a wah/volume with it for that price smile.gif
It works great, the big ABCD buttons are really nice, its just a bit hard to switch the pedal to wah mode. (you need to kick the pedal down wich is hard if you play sitting like i mostly do tongue.gif)

Did you get the MKII version?
I have that one but i forgot what it adds..

Glad to hear it works well smile.gif I have the same problem already stomping on my crybaby wah while sitting laugh.gif
No, it's the old model. MKII adds USB connection to remap switch functions & receive software upgrades.

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 19 2009, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I use that for my amp

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 20 2009, 12:47 AM
Instructor
Very cool man, looks like a cool controller unit, and what better thing to control than the POD with it! Congratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
AdamB
Oct 20 2009, 08:24 AM
I need to get an expresion pedal for the UX2 for using the wahs, is this compatilble with that?

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Oct 20 2009, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Very cool!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 20 2009, 04:10 PM
QUOTE (AdamB @ Oct 20 2009, 09:24 AM) *
I need to get an expresion pedal for the UX2 for using the wahs, is this compatilble with that?

Hmmm, as far as I can see in Line6 site I'm afraid it doesn't support UX2.

http://line6.com/footcontrollers/compatibility.html

But I'm sure you could use a regular wah pedal in front of the UX2 anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 20 2009, 06:42 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 20 2009, 10:10 AM) *
But I'm sure you could use a regular wah pedal in front of the UX2 anyway smile.gif

That's what I do, it works great since it's already in the right part of the signal chain. If a user doesn't have a real wah pedal, there's also envelope automation in the DAW which works on ALL the knobs in podfarm.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 20 2009, 09:20 PM
Jazz Instructor
Nice toy!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:40 AM