New Format For Video Chat
Todd Simpson
Apr 20 2016, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
We are going to try a new format for my Saturday Video Chat Lessons and try using GOOGLE HANGOUTS instead of the usual chat. You will need a google/gmail account for this but creating one is free smile.gif just go to gmail.com and create an account and you will get access to everything google. smile.gif

Looking forward to trying something new, should be fun smile.gif See you Saturday!!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 20 2016, 04:57 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
So, no student cams? And non exclusive to GMC members like Kris's chats are now?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 20 2016, 08:31 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 20 2016, 05:57 PM) *
So, no student cams? And non exclusive to GMC members like Kris's chats are now?

One of the softwares we use for video chats (123 flash chat) has gone out of business and is no longer supported. So as a temporary solution - Todd will try hangouts. I hope to attend as well, and this could give birth to some ideas of new features!

And the idea is to find a work-around for student cams, that's why we are first testing with hangouts.

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Apr 21 2016, 08:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 21 2016, 05:05 PM

Student cams WILL WORK in hangouts smile.gif Hangouts supports multiple cams smile.gif It's just the chat bit that we need to adjust per the reasons kris mentioned.

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 20 2016, 11:57 AM) *

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 22 2016, 03:56 PM
Learning Roadie
We 'll see tomorrow.

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 23 2016, 04:50 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 20 2016, 11:31 AM) *
One of the softwares we use for video chats (123 flash chat) has gone out of business and is no longer supported. So as a temporary solution - Todd will try hangouts. I hope to attend as well, and this could give birth to some ideas of new features!

And the idea is to find a work-around for student cams, that's why we are first testing with hangouts.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 21 2016, 08:05 AM) *
Student cams WILL WORK in hangouts smile.gif Hangouts supports multiple cams smile.gif It's just the chat bit that we need to adjust per the reasons kris mentioned.

Todd

I see. Yeah the 123 chat has been pretty buggy for a while now anyway. I am glad you guys found an alternative that will still allow for student cams. It was an awesome upgrade when we first started using it.
For those who haven't had a chance to check out the video chat lessons, give it a try. It's a lot of fun and a valuable resource here at GMC for those who are learning and developing technique or as a great practice and warmup session for those who have been playing for a while. Not to mention it's fun to hang out with other members and just get to know them or make new friends within the community or talk about anything at all involving music, gear etc.. So come check it out so that we can continue to have it. Because without participation from the community it may not be around in the future.

See you in the pain cave! Rich..

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 23 2016, 06:47 PM
Learning Roadie
I see. Yeah the 123 chat has been pretty buggy for a while now anyway. I am glad you guys found an alternative that will still allow for student cams. It was an awesome upgrade when we first started using it.

i have done a try yesterday and it seem very good !!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 23 2016, 07:27 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
How will we find the video chat?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 23 2016, 08:10 PM
I'll link you to it smile.gif Just follow the main link to the notes.

http://bit.ly/gmclesson430

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 23 2016, 02:27 PM) *
How will we find the video chat?

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 23 2016, 08:13 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Right on, thanks Todd. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 23 2016, 08:28 PM
Sure thing smile.gif The BIG vid window on the site should still work just fine. Only the chat client is really changing. Good news is that it should support student cams as well as chats. Just everyone start at the lesson page and we will go from there smile.gif

http://bit.ly/gmclesson430

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 23 2016, 03:13 PM) *
Right on, thanks Todd. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 23 2016, 09:00 PM
I"m starting now at 4pm the BIG VIDEO should be fine smile.gif It's just chat we are working on. So bear with me smile.gif Let me know in this thread if you can if you are trying to attend smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 23 2016, 09:08 PM
GMC Founder
Todd can you see our comments here? https://plus.google.com/events/cj84vfl50meuu05k04h1tdbad4c

We're trying to communicate with you via chat

ustream audio/video is OK ( https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/chat/ )

But you are also broadcasting via here: https://plus.google.com/events/cj84vfl50meuu05k04h1tdbad4c and this stream is completely messed up without video and chopped audio. So you could close that stream in order not to confuse people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 23 2016, 09:11 PM
Try this link for the new chat guys!!

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent...&authuser=0

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 23 2016, 09:23 PM
GMC Founder
Todd it would help immensely if all video was on the same place. If you skip the regular u-stream video and just broadcast via hangouts where everybody else is - would that work? ( https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent...&authuser=0 )

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:46 AM