Anybody Know Where To Find A Lower Receiver?
Mudbone
Jan 10 2013, 05:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thought I'd check and see if any of my homeboys on GMC would know where to find one. Every single place I checked is sold out. Brownells has just one that can be back ordered, and the rest can't even be back ordered. I back ordered that one, but would like to get another one. Anybody have any luck?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2013, 06:53 AM
GMC:er
You didn't mention what you were trying to build? In GA, a typical AR15 lower can be purchased but you gotta be 21 years old to do it. I'm not sure about the laws where you are, but I'd say try Walmart then a local Gun Shop/Smith, gotta be some around smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jan 10 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Thought I'd check and see if any of my homeboys on GMC would know where to find one. Every single place I checked is sold out. Brownells has just one that can be back ordered, and the rest can't even be back ordered. I back ordered that one, but would like to get another one. Anybody have any luck?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 11 2013, 02:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 11 2013, 01:53 AM) *
You didn't mention what you were trying to build? In GA, a typical AR15 lower can be purchased but you gotta be 21 years old to do it. I'm not sure about the laws where you are, but I'd say try Walmart then a local Gun Shop/Smith, gotta be some around smile.gif

Todd

Its an AR15 biggrin.gif I want to build one as a direct gas impingement system and another as gas piston system, just for some variety laugh.gif One will probably be a carbine and the other a mid length.

But I think I got the last one available to purchase in US sad.gif Panic buyers have seriously bought EVERY component there is. There are a few complete rifles available in a local shop, but they're around $2000. Ouch. That one is a Colt, so the price isn't too outrageous.

If you do find a stripped lower receiver Todd I suggest you get it, even just as an investment.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2013, 07:49 PM
I was SHOCKED to find that my local gun store is pretty much sold out of everything related to AR style platforms and have ZERO ammo left for most weapons. They say they are "Back ordered" and that this situation is state wide and somewhat nation wide. Evidently, all this talk about gun legislation has driven every gun owner almost over the edge and they are buying AMMO and parts in a PANIC!!!

I didn't realize it had gotten to this level. Evidently folks are a bit freaked out. Wow.

Todd

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jan 11 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Its an AR15 biggrin.gif I want to build one as a direct gas impingement system and another as gas piston system, just for some variety laugh.gif One will probably be a carbine and the other a mid length.

But I think I got the last one available to purchase in US sad.gif Panic buyers have seriously bought EVERY component there is. There are a few complete rifles available in a local shop, but they're around $2000. Ouch. That one is a Colt, so the price isn't too outrageous.

If you do find a stripped lower receiver Todd I suggest you get it, even just as an investment.

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 17 2013, 07:53 PM
Yes, the entire nation has lost their minds due to this....

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:40 PM