Playing 3 Nps Pattern: Middle Or Ringfinger?
Sean_1234
May 12 2011, 09:30 AM
GMC:er
Hey Guys!

I recently found out I'm doing something different then most others and I wondered whether there is a 'better' way.

When playing 3 note per string patters, there are always a few strings on which you need to cover 6 frets with 3 notes, like:

B:----------3------5------7--

No I'm used to playing that like

B:----------3------5------7--
index ring pinky

But most people use their middle finger instead of their ring finger.

I found it easier playing with the middle finger, as long as I stayed on one or two (parallel) strings, but when I really needed to move around, it became very hard to keep using the middle finger.

So: What's best, or is there no best? Like with powerchords, I also use my pinky where most people use their ring finger : P Weird me haha

Thanks in advance wink.gif

Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dark dude
May 12 2011, 02:54 PM
GMC:er
I use my index for 1-3-5 up until around the 12th fret, middle after that. Way more comfortable for me this way, so I stick to it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:00 PM