Upcoming GMC features, Behind the scene...
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 27 2007, 09:57 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

So I thought I 'd give you alittle update on what's going on behind the curtains here at gmc...

*We have a Romanian flash expert working on a costume video and audio player for us - which hopefully is going to make learning easier and more fun. The scheduled job end-date is end of March, provided our programmer sticks to the deadline we should have our new player up on the site by the end of April (the player has to be tested, implemented etc.).

This player will feature markers, looping-possibility, slow-down function etc

* Parallelly to this - our Swedish scripting expert is working on an uploading interface which will allow for instructors to upload the gmc lessons without my intervention. Our lessons are already pretty technically advanced as they are now - and uploading all the different components whith ftp is just a plain nightmare (especially for a computer dummie like me).

So this technical solution will allow the instrcutor to upload videos just like when you upload something to youtube, except our solution will be more advanced wink.gif In the long run the possibilities of this are endless - my goal is to have at least one awesome update per day!!

*My old Swedish death-metal bandmate who also is a designer is upgrading the looks of our site - I can't tell a date when this will ready yet. (People interested extremely brutal music might want to check his most recent album with ThirteenthExile - and don't worry, gmc won't look like that wink.gif )

*I am also in the middle of a thought-process on how to build an intelligent lesson database which will allow for an effective site search function, lesson ratings, and personal practice-routine setup. As mentioned, this upgrade is just in the starting phase - when the job has been assigned I will be able to give you a more specific date.

There are lots of more upcoming features which I will speak more about later on! Since all these mentioned site-upgrades are more advanced than what we have had previously - they also take a longer time to achieve. I predict they will be worth the wait though!

Some boring/annoying news: We will (once again) have to make a server switch - the one we are on right now hasn't quite been up to the task.... sad.gif

Kris biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 27 2007, 10:37 AM
GMC:er
This is awesome laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 27 2007, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Awesome news! I especially like the uploading interface for instructors!

Btw. your old band's mate website looks really scary.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 27 2007, 03:23 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Wow, lots of great ideas! I especially like the concept of the new player with looping, that will help a lot!

With all this exciting stuff going on, I don't know when you have time to play the guitar at all ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 27 2007, 03:36 PM
all of this sounds awesome!!!! since i spend all of my free time on gmc biggrin.gif it's going to be great to watch the improvements and advancements!! keep up the great work kris!!!

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Feb 28 2007, 06:30 AM
Great!!!!!!I'm looking foward to seeing all these updates happen. I like the idea of the looping and slowing down the video. The pratice routine setup sounds awesome also. And of course new updates everyday sounds great. cant ask for much more than that.

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 28 2007, 09:33 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (chainsbroken @ Feb 28 2007, 06:30 AM) *
Great!!!!!!I'm looking foward to seeing all these updates happen. I like the idea of the looping and slowing down the video. The pratice routine setup sounds awesome also. And of course new updates everyday sounds great. cant ask for much more than that.

hehe biggrin.gif that was the plan!

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 27 2007, 03:23 PM) *
With all this exciting stuff going on, I don't know when you have time to play the guitar at all ...

Good point, I hope to get more time over for that soon...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:15 PM