Excellent First Night, thank you
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 03:20 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Ok, so I`ve been having a bit of a think on a new collaboration... and

I`ve been reading through Kris`s blog and everything on the GMC collaboration and thought that this was such a cool idea that could be expanded and developed a bit further.

Ok here goes, hows about we form a kind of GMC based band/s? originally I was thinking maybe another two or three people to get involved (hopefully at least one instructor), when I thought that so many people (hopefully) would want to be a part of it that we (or I, I`m more than happy to organise this) could rota the band members, maybe have two or three bands going on at different levels and different genres as not everyone here is specifically into metal etc.

We could record our individual parts and mix them finally (like we do in the collabs) and present them here on GMC to the other members. Maybe starting with some covers possibly, just to get the feel?

I think this would be great for beginner players to get involved too, get involved with their "first" band plus get some experience in recording etc and get some positive feedback on the final performances, plus will give a platform to put there hard practice into good use and see some positive results.

thats a kind of basic outline of my idea, any additional ideas please put forward and I`ll give it some more thought and piece something together from there.

This will of course involve singing too smile.gif

How does this sound??

Anyone wishing to be involved if you can also let me know what particular style of music you wish to be involved with too that will help a lot, thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 14 2007, 04:02 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
coffeeman
Dec 14 2007, 03:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sounds awesome Smells! Im in!

I think its very important to clarify which styles are going to be the bands and how many members will have each one. Also each band has to have a leader which will have to manage the band, could be an instructor.

This is an awesome idea smells.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Dec 14 2007, 03:27 PM

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 14 2007, 02:23 PM) *
Sounds awesome Smells! Im in!

ok m8, this is just an idea in the baby stages at the moment, I`m giving it a lot of thought to work it all out properly, so it may take a little while to fully organise, once I get a good idea of the numbers involved then I`ll know a bit more,but thats gr8 your in m8 smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 14 2007, 03:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 14 2007, 03:28 PM
GMC:er
Sounds great, count me in! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 03:58 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 14 2007, 02:23 PM) *
I think its very important to clarify which styles are going to be the bands and how many members will have each one. Also each band has to have a leader which will have to manage the band, could be an instructor.

This is an awesome idea smells.

yup, excellent m8, thanks, I`m making notes as we speak and will add everybodies ideas to it, then sit down one evening and plan it out, I`m really hoping other people will be as keen as you and David have been so far smile.gif , appreciate your input biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Davidian
Dec 14 2007, 04:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's a great idea, Smells! biggrin.gif
I'd love to join.

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 14 2007, 04:08 PM
I wanted to suggest this ages ago, but I dropped it for a reason I don't remember, but yeah this should be great if enough people are into it smile.gif
I'm in!

As for style I'll mostly fit into a blues, ballad type, mainstream collab's, also experimental!(You'll see what I mean in a few days, I got something cooking up smile.gif )

This post has been edited by Iluha: Dec 14 2007, 04:10 PM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 14 2007, 04:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Good idea smile.gif
To different the styles is important, not only for the reason that someone can choose his style, maybe also because somebody can try a new style to expand the own horizons a bit. As long as there are enough participants, there is no problem to get that thing started
I would take part aswell smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 14 2007, 04:20 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Excellent idea ! And I think you have elected yourself as the guy to run it smile.gif

Lets see how it develops, and let any of the mods know if you need any help in the forum, like sticked posts, or maybe a subforum for each band/group etc. - we are very keen to support initiatives like this!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 14 2007, 03:20 PM) *
Excellent idea ! And I think you have elected yourself as the guy to run it smile.gif

Lets see how it develops, and let any of the mods know if you need any help in the forum, like sticked posts, or maybe a subforum for each band/group etc. - we are very keen to support initiatives like this!

Thanks, I`m more than happy to run it biggrin.gif

the subforum idea is fantastic, an idea for the future on that for sure, keep things a little more organised in the forums, thanks for your support Andrew, I`ll keep you posted smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Dec 14 2007, 04:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Great idea Smells! I'll be up for that smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 14 2007, 04:50 PM
GMC Founder
This is an awesome idea Smells - if you get this rolling you will be our number one choice for next seniorization - for sure! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 14 2007, 03:50 PM) *
This is an awesome idea Smells - if you get this rolling you will be our number one choice for next seniorization - for sure! biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif wow, well, I`m determined to get this running Kris, no worries there, it will take a bit of organising and planning, not something that will happen over night, and plenty of pm`s to the members etc but I feel quite positive that this will work and be a really good thing to be a part of.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 14 2007, 05:11 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 14 2007, 05:50 PM) *

Gah makes me wish I suggested this when I wanted to sad.gif never mind, Ill just have to come up with a diffrent Idea smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 05:23 PM
I`m pleased with the response so far biggrin.gif so far 6 members are registered, I`d love to here from any bass playing members out there too (or willing to play bass?) ... Bogden???? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Can I have some suggestions for genres of music please that you`d like to see, Death Metal, Heavy Rock etc, Jazz? I`m thinking initially of 5 catogories to start with.

QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 14 2007, 04:11 PM) *
Gah makes me wish I suggested this when I wanted to sad.gif never mind, Ill just have to come up with a diffrent Idea smile.gif

Sorry m8 sad.gif , but I must point out too that I`m a more than happy paying member of GMC and I`d do this regardless smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 14 2007, 05:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 14 2007, 05:35 PM
Learning Roadie
A subforum would be a very good idead to keep an overview.
My 5 categorie-suggestions are: Jazz, Blues, Metal, Hardrock (AC/DC or Led Zeppelin...) and hm... Neoclassic or Shred

And Smells, if you should need some help, I would like to help you organising it smile.gif

This post has been edited by chast: Dec 14 2007, 05:38 PM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 14 2007, 05:38 PM
I'd like to play in a melodic extreme metal band. I have a lot of experience of writing and performing in this genre so that would be fun for me.
It may not be expanded my horizons much but I do enough of that on my music course, so it'll be fun to just jam with others GMCers in a style I'm very enthusiastic about!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Dec 14 2007, 04:35 PM) *
A subforum would be a very good idead to keep an overview.
My 5 categorie-suggestions are: Jazz, Blues, Metal, Hardrock (AC/DC or Led Zeppelin...) and hm... Neoclassic or Shred

And Smells, if you should need some help, I would like to help you organising it smile.gif

Yea I had written down, jazz,blues and rock so far, thanks Chast smile.gif more ideas from other members be gratefully recieved.

And thank you Chast, I may need some help a little later on when we get started m8, thanks wink.gif

QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 14 2007, 04:38 PM) *
I'd like to play in a melodic extreme metal band. I have a lot of experience of writing and performing in this genre so that would be fun for me.
It may not be expanded my horizons much but I do enough of that on my music course, so it'll be fun to just jam with others GMCers in a style I'm very enthusiastic about!

Excellent David, ok m8, be in touch m8 thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 14 2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah this does sound like a great idea.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 14 2007, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Dec 14 2007, 04:41 PM) *
Yeah this does sound like a great idea.

are you in Unleash m8? wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:16 AM