Can't Get Rid Of Legato Tension
steve25
Oct 8 2007, 07:12 AM
GMC:er
At the moment i'm doing something really simple to help legato and stuff. But the problem is i tense up so easily when doing it and can't get rid of it until i stop playing. When i do trills i'm fine i tend not to tense up so easily but i think it's because i'm having to hammer on and pull off so hard to get the notes to ring out.

E-------------------------------------
B----------12-h14-h15-p14-p12---
G------14----------------------------
D-------------------------------------
A-------------------------------------
E-------------------------------------

This lick is all i'm doing repeated, and i still tense up with this. I also try to use distortion with it so i can learn to play cleanly as well but the thing is i'm having to hammer on and pull off really hard otherwise the notes won't ring out clearly and i think that's what's causing me to tense up so badly. Any ideas how i can get rid of it or is it even possible?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Pavel
Oct 8 2007, 07:22 AM
Instructor
I suggest you try learning Legato Etude lesson (otherwise called Basics Of Legato). It contains a useful exercise to get rid of legato tension.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:39 AM