3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Rhythm Corner, Develop your timing!
Alex Feather
Apr 26 2012, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I have a new assignment! This one is a very good exercise! I have two tracks with my guitar and click only!
The second track has two bars with the click and two without! The trick is to keep the tempo even when click is gone!
This exercise will require a lot of concentration and some work! But it will improve your timing very fast!!!
Tempo is 80BPM
The chord is still E7#9

Track with my guitar:
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/rhythm-corner-with-guitar

Click only track:
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/rhythm-corner-click-only

Please let me know if you have any questions or need help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 27 2012, 08:30 AM
Instructor
This one is a very tricky but helpful exercise!!! Let me know if I can help you with anything! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Apr 27 2012, 09:23 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 26 2012, 05:30 PM) *
Hi guys! I have a new assignment! This one is a very good exercise! I have two tracks with my guitar and click only!
The second track has two bars with the click and two without! The trick is to keep the tempo even when click is gone!
This exercise will require a lot of concentration and some work! But it will improve your timing very fast!!!
Tempo is 80BPM
The chord is still E7#9
Please let me know if you have any questions or need help!

Hey Alex,
this is a great exercise. It requires a lot of concentration, indeed. But it seems to me I learn a lot from it.
Here is a first take, after some time spent on this. Tell me what you think. smile.gif
Cheers.

http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-05/s-Asf8m

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 30 2012, 08:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Apr 27 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Hey Alex,
this is a great exercise. It requires a lot of concentration, indeed. But it seems to me I learn a lot from it.
Here is a first take, after some time spent on this. Tell me what you think. smile.gif
Cheers.

http://soundcloud.com/grindguer/rhythm-corner-05/s-Asf8m

It is a very tricky exercise! You are rushing a little bit try to focus on the click more and really saddle with the beat!
Right now you are ahead of the beat try to hold yourself back you can even overdue it a little bit and pull too much, but I want you to hear and feel the difference between rushing and pulling back!
Let me know if you need any help!

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Apr 30 2012, 11:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Alex, I think i'm joining this starting with ex.1! A couple of question, do i have to play this with AP up down up down ecc even in the third part? Once i've post my take could you tell me if a play too behind the beat? i tend to play behind the beat and this its a thing I would like to correct. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 1 2012, 05:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Apr 30 2012, 10:12 AM) *
Hi Alex, I think i'm joining this starting with ex.1! A couple of question, do i have to play this with AP up down up down ecc even in the third part? Once i've post my take could you tell me if a play too behind the beat? i tend to play behind the beat and this its a thing I would like to correct. Thanks!

Great! You should play up and down strokes!
When you will post your takes I will be able to help you out and will let you know if you are too ahead or behind!
Looking forward to hear your take!!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 11 2012, 06:16 AM
Instructor
I have a new challenge for you guys! It will be a series of 3 exercises posted once a week every other exercise will be a little more complicated! To practice this exercises you can use any song you want or any chord progression!
Ex. 1
1) find the tempo of a song you want to practice.
2)slow down the tempo to half of what it is normally (half time). For example, if your tempo is at 120 BPM (beats per minute), slow it down to 60 BPM. But while doing this, keep your “internal clock” beating at 120 BPM, but then make the clicks of the metronome at 60 BPM be beats 1 & 3 of the measure.
What you are essentially doing is removing beats 2 & 4 from the count of 120 BPM. So it’ll be up to you and your internal clock to keep in time with the beats you don’t hear.
This is a very simple and helpful exercise! It is also beginners friendly!!!
Let me know if you need help or have any questions!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 17 2012, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Hi guys I have a new exercise!
Exercise #2 

This is practically the same principle behind exercise #1, but instead of removing beats 2 & 4, remove beats 1 & 3 instead. So really you’ll only be hearing beats 2 & 4. I think you’ll find this one much more challenging.
Always use a metronome when you are practicing those exercises!!!
Please let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 26 2012, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Exercise #3

Here is the last basic exercise! Next week I will start giving more complex tasks, so make sure to do those simple exercises first to get into routine!
We’re going to take it a step further here. Let’s set the count of our metronome to 120 BPM and then cut that in half to 60 BPM (like the above examples). But then, let’s take it even further, and cut 60 BPM in half to 30 BPM (you’re metronome might not go that low!). This will only provide us with the first beat of the measure. It’s then up to you and your internal clock to stay on time with the other “beats” you don’t hear!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 9 2012, 06:42 PM
Instructor
New exercise is ready! This is a single note exercise it will help you to control your hands and will make your timing improve much faster! Just practice it for a few days and you will see a big difference!
Here is the drum track
Attached File  rhythm_corner_drums_100.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 88

Tempo 100 BPM

Here is the track
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/rhythmcorner1

E |----------------------------|----------------------------|-------||
B |----------------------------|----------------------------|-------||
G |--9-----7-------------------|--7--9-----7----------------|-------||
D |--------------9-----7--9----|-----------------9-----7----|--9----||
A |----------------------------|----------------------------|-------||
E |----------------------------|----------------------------|-------||

Attached File  rhythm_6.gp5 ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 89

ALWAYS PRACTICE RHYTHM EXERCISES WITH A METRONOME OR A DRUM TRACK

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Jun 9 2012, 06:43 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:19 PM