Pickup Height Ibanez, Strings Etc., random question
ElHombre
Jan 19 2012, 10:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
1. Since my other thread kind of died I ask this question in a new thread.
Im a total "noob" when it comes to pickups. By some reason.

But my Ibanez has a center Single coil between the two humbuckers.
the single coil can be heightend and lowered cause its connected with to springs on the backside i can feel.
But the humbuckers doesnt seem to be able to adjust.

The humbuckers have hollow "metals holes" with a kind of strong magnetic field.
I dont know the sound system, but maybe you are only supposed to adjust the middle single coil? According to me its the only pickup on my guitar that can pickup sound, and maybe transfer to the other mics, I dont know tongue.gif

2. After changing strings and set them a bit higher playing sounded much better again. But now the B string buzzes when you bend below the 12th fret, also some notes die out like before. Should I change it again? Its brand new.. Or is it something else?

3. After the strings got higher, not much really I found it more difficult to play ceratain licks. Is it? Or do I just have to get used to the new string height?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 19 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 19 2012, 09:32 AM) *
1. Since my other thread kind of died I ask this question in a new thread.
Im a total "noob" when it comes to pickups. By some reason.

But my Ibanez has a center Single coil between the two humbuckers.
the single coil can be heightend and lowered cause its connected with to springs on the backside i can feel.
But the humbuckers doesnt seem to be able to adjust.

The humbuckers have hollow "metals holes" with a kind of strong magnetic field.
I dont know the sound system, but maybe you are only supposed to adjust the middle single coil? According to me its the only pickup on my guitar that can pickup sound, and maybe transfer to the other mics, I dont know tongue.gif

2. After changing strings and set them a bit higher playing sounded much better again. But now the B string buzzes when you bend below the 12th fret, also some notes die out like before. Should I change it again? Its brand new.. Or is it something else?

3. After the strings got higher, not much really I found it more difficult to play ceratain licks. Is it? Or do I just have to get used to the new string height?

Hey mate! When you raise the action, things become more difficult to play indeed, because of the distance created (the tone is better though, but you have to get used to the higher action) and regarding the pickups, each pickup should be able to be raised and lowered individually at your own desire and thus produce changes in the way they pick up the vibrations of your strings. Did you buy the guitar brand new or did someone else use it before? If the humbucker pickups would not work, I think you would have trouble hearing any sound when you switch to the bridge or the neck position.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 19 2012, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 19 2012, 06:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okey. I dont know but I dont see anyway to adjust the humbuckers. As I said I dont know much about pickups, I havent been so intrested in that by some reason tongue.gif

But it feels like the dont pickup sound. The single coil has this flat metal dots that pickup sound like pickups use to look lite. The humbuckers have some hollow holes, which has a magnetic field. Like they dont pick up sound, only simulate humbuckers. The guitar sounds great by the way

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2012, 08:08 PM
GMC:er
Todd here wink.gif How about a picture? That would help quite a bit. Maybe a youtube video? Anything would be good smile.gif And I'm sure we can help out.

Straight off though, I'd say if your guitar is having issues, get it to a music shop asap.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 19 2012, 10:20 PM
Instructor
Maybe your hambuckers have a different suspension. There are two types of mounting: Floating-when they are attached to the frame, and when they are screwed into the body (in that case they are fixed and you can't move it up and down) !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 19 2012, 11:26 PM
Instructor
I second Todd, usually in those stores they a very qualified guy who can help you out with any issue you might have,

I have my trusty "technician" here in Bogota who does a great job every time

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 20 2012, 09:42 AM
Instructor
I do agree with the fact that you should take the axe to a guitar shop, where a technician should take a look at it and tell you if there's something amiss with the pickups smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:35 AM