6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Korg Pandora Px4d, Guitar and Bass Processor-pocket size
Rating 5 V
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 18 2008, 12:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 18 2008, 11:06 AM) *
lol, read above , it`d already been suggested wink.gif

lol. Maybe I should learn to read biggrin.gif Still gives him two options of where to buy one tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 18 2008, 12:43 PM
Get to da Chopper!
So guys can you just go

guitar--->pandora--->headphones?

That would be pretty handy...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 18 2008, 12:45 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I`m pretty sure you can mate yea.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 18 2008, 05:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jan 18 2008, 12:43 PM) *
So guys can you just go

guitar--->pandora--->headphones?

That would be pretty handy...

Yep,there's only one output in Pandora,stereo one,perfect for headphones. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 18 2008, 05:35 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 18 2008, 04:34 PM) *
Yep,there's only one output in Pandora,stereo one,perfect for headphones. wink.gif

niiiice. Thats pretty cool.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 18 2008, 05:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 18 2008, 12:06 PM) *
lol, read above , it`d already been suggested wink.gif

Nobody reads my review anymore sad.gif sad.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 18 2008, 07:21 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 18 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Nobody reads my review anymore sad.gif sad.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

I will RE- read it if it makes you happy smile.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 18 2008, 08:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 18 2008, 07:21 PM) *
I will RE- read it if it makes you happy smile.gif wink.gif

Awesomeness Matt biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
CHEP
Feb 2 2008, 11:36 PM
It will be interesting to compare Pandora PX4D with the Line 6 Pocket POD. As I understand, they have similiar size and price, so.. I have to make some decision smile.gif Anybody tried both of these?

This post has been edited by CHEP: Feb 2 2008, 11:36 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 3 2008, 03:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I have a pocket pod, and from what I read in this review and listening to many lessons that have been recorded using pandora, I would say that Pandora is probably better.

Main reason I say this is because it has loads of different backings with drums and bass, plus it allows you to record your own backing and play over it. That alone is a very intereting feature that makes practicing really fun. PocketPod is just emulation of amps/cabs/effects, but no backing tracks at all sad.gif

One good thing about pocket pod is that you can download tones from line6 site, but then again, not all of them, only the ones compatible with the device, but there are thousands...

All in all, I believe Pandora to be better, if you care for the backings.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 3 2008, 03:04 PM
Instructor
I haven't tried pocket POD but would be nice to compare them. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
sammy_k
Apr 3 2008, 12:00 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 3 2008, 04:04 PM) *
I haven't tried pocket POD but would be nice to compare them. smile.gif

My PX4D just arrived and I've started reading the manual. I thought that would be a good starting point smile.gif
Now, I didn't know the adapter was sold separately, but that's not a real problem because I'll try to buy one online and use the included batteries for now. Does this adapter has to be one that's branded with Korg or can i trust adapters that are supposed to be for the PX4D but by an unknown brand?

I have one question though: How exactly do I connect the device to my PC or MacBook Pro?
Smell suggested the 3.5mm Mono Plug to 1/4” Mono Socket Adaptor as an alternative for a specific cable, but someone else mentioned to get a stereo to stereo cable because that would give best quality. Could anyone tell me if there is a better choice around for this little adapter Smell posted? I don't know the exact name of the cable that gives best quality to look for at online shops.

I don't really know the difference between mono, stereo cables, all kind of 'jacks' so if anyone could tell me what's the best cable to connect the PX4D to a PC or Mac it would be welcome smile.gif

Muris, what cable do you use to plug it directly into your soundcard? That would be a good reference, as you guys probably know much more about what cables give best quality (or less chance for quality loss)

I can't wait to try it out and see if i can more or less simulate those Muris Lesson Sounds smile.gif As a matter of fact, I'm going to try the device out now through headphones smile.gif

This post has been edited by sammy_k: Apr 3 2008, 12:02 PM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 3 2008, 12:12 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I don't have a Pandora Sammy but from what Muris says it sounds like it has a single stereo out. In that case the lead that you use should be stereo ones. A stereo one has a double ring on the jack (so two black rings on the jack and not the single one you see on a guitar jack). As Smells says it is pretty easy to get 1/4 inch to mini adaptors - just make sure you get a stereo one from the shop smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 3 2008, 12:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Sammy.

Just check out my review on first page of this topic,I posted picture of cable I use.
Stereo option as great if you wanna use effects,with mono cable you'll not get best results.

As for adapter,I don't have original Korg adapter,just some regular adapter
with that yellow "Sony" jack.
I tried to explain this jack issue in review as well. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
sammy_k
Apr 3 2008, 12:25 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Apr 3 2008, 01:14 PM) *
Hi Sammy.

Just check out my review on first page of this topic,I posted picture of cable I use.
Stereo option as great if you wanna use effects,with mono cable you'll not get best results.

As for adapter,I don't have original Korg adapter,just some regular adapter
with that yellow "Sony" jack.
I tried to explain this jack issue in review as well. smile.gif

Thanks for the fast reply. So the Stereo Klotz cable would be a good idea?
I just asked it because when I look at the picture, the cable seems to be thin compared to the place where it should enter the PX4D. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong 'hole' smile.gif I thought it had to go in 'Output' but maybe I'm wrong and it should go where it says aux? I though that last one was only for headphone. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this topic smile.gif

+Quote Post
WTN
Apr 3 2008, 03:07 PM
QUOTE (sammy_k @ Apr 3 2008, 06:25 AM) *
I just asked it because when I look at the picture, the cable seems to be thin compared to the place where it should enter the PX4D. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong 'hole' smile.gif I thought it had to go in 'Output' but maybe I'm wrong and it should go where it says aux? I though that last one was only for headphone. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this topic smile.gif

It does plug into the output hole - which is a 1/4" stereo phone jack. This jack is also where you would plug your headphones in. You will love this device. Play around with the rhythm and phrase trainer. There are some great backing tracks with drums and bass. Some will also play full progressions (chord changes).

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 3 2008, 03:48 PM
Instructor
It's a really interesting tool !! great review Muris wink.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 3 2008, 04:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammy_k @ Apr 3 2008, 01:25 PM) *

Input jack is where you plug your guitar.
Output is stereo jack,leads sound to amp,PC or whatever.
And AUX jack is input only jack,for MP3 player,iPod etc.

And yeah,stereo Klotz cable would be fine. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 3 2008, 05:52 PM
Instructor
You mean you can record something on the unit itself? And play it along with the backing? That's a great feature if so smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 4 2008, 12:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Apr 3 2008, 06:52 PM) *
You mean you can record something on the unit itself? And play it along with the backing? That's a great feature if so smile.gif

Yeah,you can record about 30-40 secs of your playing on Pandora
but that's not the point of AUX in jack I guess. unsure.gif
Point is, you can plug MP3 player per example and jam along with it,
using headphones or running it through mixer,PC amp or whatever. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:15 AM