> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Yash's Learning Corner, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2012, 03:33 PM
Instructor
Hey Yash! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army. smile.gif

I will copy here the things that you posted in the other topic.

"OK, please sign me in too !!!
I've been playing for about a year or so
This is my first day at GMC so please help me out
I'll be posting vids of my playing soon (but please tell me how, hehe)
Here's the how i am divided my playing
Riffing- +
-Lead Playing, Shredding (I actually am a pretty bad shredder, but wat i got is heart) + melodic lead playing
-Clean playing

I wanna work on these aspects
-Lead Playing (first and foremost)
-Shredding
-Scales, Improv and theory
Clean playing

Please help me out sir
Thank you
Yash Vardhan Tanwar (17, New Delhi India)"

Regarding the videos, you can upload them at youtube and then insert it here.

I need to see your videos to know your level but we can start with this first lesson of my Technique Course.

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE

Looking forward your videos! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Apr 4 2012, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
OK, i'll look at the lesson right now....
but i don't wanna upload my vids on youtube coz i dont wawnt anyone to see it, i've just recorded my riffing and a bit of melodic playing....
is there any way i can directly upload the vid here, if not, i'll upload on youtube anyway.......
tomorrow, i'll record some random shredding + some melodic lead stuff
k ????

BTW, thank you very much

LETS ROCK OUT

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2012, 04:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Apr 4 2012, 11:41 AM) *
OK, i'll look at the lesson right now....
but i don't wanna upload my vids on youtube coz i dont wawnt anyone to see it, i've just recorded my riffing and a bit of melodic playing....
is there any way i can directly upload the vid here, if not, i'll upload on youtube anyway.......
tomorrow, i'll record some random shredding + some melodic lead stuff
k ????

BTW, thank you very much

LETS ROCK OUT

You can upload the video and set it as unlisted, then you can send me the link or post it here. It won't appear if anybody searchs for it at youtube.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Apr 4 2012, 04:37 PM
here is the vid
check it out and comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQX0p-EfEyw

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2012, 05:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Apr 4 2012, 12:37 PM) *
here is the vid
check it out and comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQX0p-EfEyw

Hi mate, I just saw your video! We have to work on your lead guitar but also on your rhythm. Let's add this lesson to the Warming up and endurance exercises.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/A_Meta...urney_Lesson_1/

The idea is that you work on this lesson and record a video using the backing track that you can download there. Please also record yourself playing the warming up exercises after some days of practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Apr 7 2012, 01:35 PM
Hey Gab,
I started to do the the exercises, but my guitar wont sustaine long trills, or even the triple pull off. What do I do ????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2012, 11:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Apr 7 2012, 09:35 AM) *
Hey Gab,
I started to do the the exercises, but my guitar wont sustaine long trills, or even the triple pull off. What do I do ????

What gear are you using? You can get more sustain adding more drive or adding a compressor to your signal.

Check out this cool tutorial about it:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Apr 8 2012, 01:03 PM
I cant do even one of the trilling examples

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2012, 06:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Apr 8 2012, 09:03 AM) *
I cant do even one of the trilling examples

Are you talking about the "Warming up & Endurance" exercises?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Apr 9 2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I suck at longer hammer ons and pull offs, I cant sustain the sound long enough, even with a lot of gain and compressor
I use a Digitech RP-55 fx pedal, a Givson GS 1000 guitar, and some cheap crappy chinese amp that sucks
Can I blame my gear for my inability ??? happy.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2012, 05:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Apr 9 2012, 07:30 AM) *
Yeah, I suck at longer hammer ons and pull offs, I cant sustain the sound long enough, even with a lot of gain and compressor
I use a Digitech RP-55 fx pedal, a Givson GS 1000 guitar, and some cheap crappy chinese amp that sucks
Can I blame my gear for my inability ??? happy.gif rolleyes.gif

hahah hi mate! I don't think that the gear is the only responsible! Let's train those fingers a bit more!
What about working on this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...r-22-Hammer-On/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Apr 10 2012, 01:48 PM
Ok, this might start it, i am able to do simpler stuff, but longer trills are tough

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2012, 07:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Apr 10 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Ok, this might start it, i am able to do simpler stuff, but longer trills are tough

Great! Practice this ons for some days and let me know if you find an improvement.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
May 2 2012, 04:54 PM
Hey Gabriel, I am back now....
I practiced and I found out a problem, my little finger is too weak......
And with you, I wanna just focus on lead guitar and music theory, coz I am learning rhythm and timing with Cosmin
So, lets start...
Oh and one more thing, what about the symohony of destruction solo, will you transcribe it for me, please, and more importantly,
WILL I ABLE TO PLAY IT ???
I want to, coz Megadeth and Dave Mustaine is my favorite... you'll teach me wont you ???? smile.gif
I'll be able to give one hour of practice for your work every day(most probably)

This post has been edited by Yash: May 2 2012, 04:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 2 2012, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Yash! Welcome back! smile.gif

We can go for that song but I think that after some other works since it's not an easy solo. That song's solo is played by Marty Friedman not by Mustaine. Both have different styles of soloing so maybe you also like Marty's style. I would like that we choose a solo lesson from our archive. We should start with something at level 3/4. Do you have any ideas?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
May 3 2012, 12:44 PM
No, I am not talkin about the song's main solo by Marty, the next solo, the one played by Dave in the Demo version and the Rude Awakening version, listen to it and you'll know what I mean, starts just after Marty's/Pitrelli's solo....

And lets start working on my lead guitar skills. My guitar has 21 frets so i might not be able to play every thing... but I'll try. I'll start with any thing you say. I wanna be a shredder like Dave and Marty and Chris and Randy Rhoads and Alexi Laiho one day.... biggrin.gif

By the way, I also found out one of my problems is that it takes me lot of time to learn what notes are in a certain solo, for example, It took me 3 days to learn the notes in countdown to extinction solo (hope you've heard that song), and its a damn easy solo, difficulty level 1 in my opinion, but I always tend to just miss a note here and there..... What do I do ??? mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2012, 08:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ May 3 2012, 08:44 AM) *
No, I am not talkin about the song's main solo by Marty, the next solo, the one played by Dave in the Demo version and the Rude Awakening version, listen to it and you'll know what I mean, starts just after Marty's/Pitrelli's solo....

And lets start working on my lead guitar skills. My guitar has 21 frets so i might not be able to play every thing... but I'll try. I'll start with any thing you say. I wanna be a shredder like Dave and Marty and Chris and Randy Rhoads and Alexi Laiho one day.... biggrin.gif

By the way, I also found out one of my problems is that it takes me lot of time to learn what notes are in a certain solo, for example, It took me 3 days to learn the notes in countdown to extinction solo (hope you've heard that song), and its a damn easy solo, difficulty level 1 in my opinion, but I always tend to just miss a note here and there..... What do I do ??? mellow.gif

Ok, so let's start with something easier. What about Lian Gerbino's metal lessons for level 2? Check his lessons here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Lian-Gerbino/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
May 5 2012, 06:15 PM
Which lesson should I go for ???

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
May 6 2012, 05:33 PM
Hey Gabe, I wanna play lead guitar in Megadeth's Millennium of The Blind, I've already got the second solo.....
But the first is too fast.... what do you suggest.... and what's a legato slide ????? wacko.gif blink.gif

Hey Gabe, check out a solo I've composed, but I cant play it... grrr too fast... eh but how do I post a Guitar Pro file here ?????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2012, 06:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ May 6 2012, 01:33 PM) *
Hey Gabe, I wanna play lead guitar in Megadeth's Millennium of The Blind, I've already got the second solo.....
But the first is too fast.... what do you suggest.... and what's a legato slide ????? wacko.gif blink.gif

Hey Gabe, check out a solo I've composed, but I cant play it... grrr too fast... eh but how do I post a Guitar Pro file here ?????

Hi mate! That Megadeth's solo has lots of legatos and trills. We have to work on this technique as well as many others. It's important to be patient if you want to achieve that level. It takes many hours of practice and you can't jump steps.

Have you worked on the Hammer on lesson? Could you please film yourself playing it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 PM