> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Mad's Guitar Routines, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2014, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Mad! Good job with this impro workout! I can notice the call/response thing and it has been very well done. The improvisation really makes sense, it sounds like a pre composed song and that's an awesome thing!! There is nothing to fix or improve based on this recording, just keep on making music. Experiment with the same backing and also using other backings in minor keys. Try to combine pentatonic with arpeggios and minor scale, but always keep the melody and music on the first place.

Congrats!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 21 2014, 10:12 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Gab smile.gif will continue exploring things within your course cool.gif !

Here's a recording for that song-intro-idea continued
Attached File  EmbraceTheDarkness_Full_1.mp3 ( 4.42MB ) Number of downloads: 166

Need to adjust the timing in the intro section though.. and it's not that heavy as I originally wanted tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 04:49 AM
Instructor
Awesome! You could convert that short intro into a full song!

I could say that the structure is close to this one:

Intro + Part A
Part B: Chords movements
Part C: Melody Variation
Part D: Distortion
Part E: Distortion + melody
Outro

I feel that the song structure and evolution are perfect. The repetitions are enough to get the feeling and not get tired of the part. You had a very strong intro and main melody and you have been very clever creating part B that has a more notable chords movement. It makes a great contrast with the previous part. Then, part C has even a more interesting chord progression that relates great with the previous one. When the part C was reaching the next one I was already thinking... ok, I will tell Mad that it would be cool if we have more distortion in any part, to make the song explode, and well, part D appeared and you make me swallow my words... laugh.gif

It's perfect mate! The next step would be to make the mix sound more organic. The distortion and drums more powerful and "real". But you have the most important thing: the composition.

Congrats!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 22 2014, 12:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
You made my day biggrin.gif
I'm going to polish some things in terms of intro/outro and mixing, so that's gonna be our first song for the EP ? cool.gif

Here's an improvisation in Gm for week#4 ..
Attached File  ImprovGMin.mp3 ( 1.92MB ) Number of downloads: 107

It's just noodling around with minor arpeggios trying to land on chordal tones and some fiddling around with the pentatonic scale on 2 positions and Gminor scale 1st position.

Preparing some ideas for the next song, too biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mad: Sep 22 2014, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 01:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Mad!! Yeah! This is the first track for your EP! smile.gif Let's polish those details and start working on a new idea. Feel free to post some ideas to choose the ones that are more promising and work on them.

About your improvisation, it sounds very tasty. Following the chords while you improvise is a great melodic training for your playing and also your ear. I feel that sometimes your phrasing becomes a bit repetitive "rhythmically", so I would try to create more varied rhythms. Other two details that could be added are more vibrato and dynamics while you play. Your tone has too much distortion, it has a great sustain but it makes your playing lack of dynamics. Try to generate more dynamics with your pick, and maybe setting a cleaner sound.

Please continue experimenting with this stuff and combine the other minor stuff shared during the course.

Keep on the great job! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2014, 11:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Mad! You shared this list of songs that include solos that you like.

Alter Bridge - Blackbird
Mastodon - Sleeping Giant
Mastodon - The Hunter
Mastodon - The Sparrow
Entombed A.D. - Second To None
Susperia - Devil May Care

During the next 3 weeks you will do this workout. You will learn 1 lick from one of this solos each day. It's very simple. Just 1 lick (or if you are brave 2). Learn it by ear, or use any tab from the web. Analyze the scale being used and the connection between the lick, the backing's tonality and the chords sounding. Transpose the lick to different keys, try it over different backings, creating variations and connecting it with other ideas of your own.

As I want you to really do this job, there other task is that at the end of the week you record and audio or video playing the 7 licks that you've learnt and share it here.

Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 14 2014, 09:47 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Deal!

Have a good time in NYC biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mad: Dec 14 2014, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2015, 08:34 PM
Instructor
Hi Mad! I'm back! How are you? What are the news? How was your practice and your holidays? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 5 2015, 09:23 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Gabriel! Nice to see you're back smile.gif

Yes, my holidays were great - always full of family activities, so no big time for practicing..
Hope you had a great time in NYC, will follow your news here in the forums biggrin.gif

But I did a recording for one mastodon solo..
https://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/sleepinggiantsolo1
https://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/sleepinggiantsolo2

Few timing problems, but I got the idea tongue.gif

currently I'm working on the blackbird solo (1st part)...

This post has been edited by mad: Jan 5 2015, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2015, 10:50 PM
Instructor
Hey Mad! That's a very interesting solo! I prefer the take 2 of these ones which is tighter and more consistent. Could you find out what scale is using and what's happening in the chord progression?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 6 2015, 10:54 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks smile.gif

Well, the chord progression is Cm - Ab
the scale is C Melodic minor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2015, 05:38 PM
Instructor
Awesome! It's cool to see that they experiment with scales that aren't commonly used in classic rock and metal. Now it makes sense that they sound unique and fresh.

Have you listened to Red Fang? I've been enjoying this music lately.

So well, what's the plan now?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 7 2015, 09:14 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah, I really like Red Fang - saw them live with Mastodon few years ago biggrin.gif they're killer!

Currently I'm working on the Blackbird solo and will upload a take soon.
And I really like your In Flames style lesson - so I'm working on that, too smile.gif

Maybe I'm picking up some lessons you suggested regarding working on techniques..

And that's it, so far (well, I'm working on songs/songwriting with my band, too biggrin.gif )..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2015, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Great to see you active and motivated! Looking forward your news. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Apr 10 2015, 08:50 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Gabriel!

Here's my ear-training homework biggrin.gif

1. P5
2. Maj3rd
3. P5
4. Oct
5. Maj3rd
6. P5
7. P5
8. Oct
9. Oct
10. Maj 3rd
11. Oct
12. Maj 3rd
13. Maj 3rd
14. P5
15. Oct
16. Oct
17. Maj 3rd
18. P5
19. Maj 3rd
20. P5
21. Oct

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2015, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Perfect Mad!! Well done! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Apr 21 2015, 10:53 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks smile.gif

2nd Assignment:

1. Major 3rd
2. Major 6th
3. Octave
4. Perfect 5th
5. Major 2nd
6. Major 7th
7. Major 6th
8. Major 2nd
9. Unison
10. Perfect 4th
11. Octave
12. Major 3rd
13. Major 7th
14. Perfect 4th
15. Perfect 5th

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 21 2015, 09:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Mad! This is perfect, well done! Was it tricky?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Apr 23 2015, 11:16 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Gab! No it was quite easy. But I always used my guitar to play along with the examples.. a few times I needed more than one try though. Is that OK?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2015, 07:25 PM
Instructor
Yes, that's ok, but a good exercise for the next days would be to try to recognize these type of intervals without your guitar, just using your ear and voice. It would be very effective to keep on polishing your ear skills.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:55 AM