> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Pirate Video Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 5 2013, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Yo ho-ho mateys!! If ye be riffing and bending on the high sees, I'd be glad to welcome thee on a quest for the pirate's gold!

Let's join forces on this one, because as I promised - the Pirate collab is here! biggrin.gif

Bottom line? We all get to dress up as pirates by using patch eyes, hats, fake teeth, wooden legs, hook hands, maybe a parrot? biggrin.gif And jam together on this piratey backing track!

Here are the details:

Time signature: 4/4

Chord progressions: C5 G5 F5 C5 x 2 G5 Bb5 Eb5 G5 Ab5 F5 D5 G5

Scales you can use: C Aeolian, G Phrygian, Ab Lydian, Bb Mixolyian, F Dorian

Material format:

- 1 track containing the solo only (.mp3 or .wav)
- 1 track containing both solo and backing track
- the video in .mp4 format would be ideal

Deadline: February 25th

G# = Ab

A# = Bb

Stay tuned for the next two video chat sessions in which we shall dissect the backing track and discuss what sort of licks and phrases we can use!

Let's rock mateys!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 5 2013, 02:03 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pirate_Collab_BT.mp3 ( 851.5K ) Number of downloads: 450

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 5 2013, 02:13 PM
Learning Roadie
That's great. biggrin.gif
But it sure sounds like green day holiday. ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TylerTeeple
Feb 5 2013, 03:17 PM
GMC:er
Heyyy Cosmin!!! Long time no chat! This sounds cool and I am eager to try out the scales biggrin.gif. If time permits I'd like to participate !

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 5 2013, 03:33 PM
But I have no pirate costume sad.gif Even though I'm a fan of pirates laugh.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 5 2013, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 5 2013, 08:01 AM) *
Yo ho-ho mateys!! If ye be riffing and bending on the high sees, I'd be glad to welcome thee on a quest for the pirate's gold!

Let's join forces on this one, because as I promised - the Pirate collab is here! biggrin.gif

Bottom line? We all get to dress up as pirates by using patch eyes, hats, fake teeth, wooden legs, hook hands, maybe a parrot? biggrin.gif And jam together on this piratey backing track!

Here are the details:

Time signature: 4/4

Chord progressions: C5 G5 F5 C5 x 2 G5 Bb5 Eb5 G5 Ab5 F5 D5 G5

Scales you can use: C Aeolian, G Phrygian, Ab Lydian, Bb Mixolyian, F Dorian

Material format:

- 1 track containing the solo only (.mp3 or .wav)
- 1 track containing both solo and backing track
- the video in .mp4 format would be ideal

Deadline: February 25th

G# = Ab

A# = Bb

Stay tuned for the next two video chat sessions in which we shall dissect the backing track and discuss what sort of licks and phrases we can use!

Let's rock mateys!

Cosmin

Yaar, sounds a blast. Although ye say "dress up as pirates by using patch eyes, hats, fake teeth, wooden legs, hook hands" like some of us don't do that already??

Interesting fact, my ancestors on me fathers side contains a famous pirate... Bartholomew Roberts, or better known as Black Bart.

It's been told to me that aside from being a pirate, he was also a great romantic gentleman as he landed me great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great,... whew... great, great, great grandmother by using this simple pickup line.......

Pardon me, but would ye mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?

I don't really know if that's a true story or not.... just telling it like I heard it.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Feb 5 2013, 09:33 AM) *
But I have no pirate costume sad.gif Even though I'm a fan of pirates laugh.gif

Yer missin the point Sam me boy.... ye should go and pirate ye a pirate costume...!

Ok, maybe that post was a bit ... overboard?

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 5 2013, 05:35 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Woohoohooooo!!!!

There might be an epic video on the way, Cosmin...don't wanna promise anything though wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 5 2013, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 5 2013, 11:35 AM) *
Woohoohooooo!!!!

There might be an epic video on the way, Cosmin...don't wanna promise anything though wink.gif

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you kidding me? Sure there will be...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 5 2013, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 5 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Woohoohooooo!!!!

You're saying that u're recruiting some german pirate women for it? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2013, 06:49 AM
ARRGGGGH!!!! Matey!!! it's a Punk Pirate collab smile.gif Sounds like fun I"m all in!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2013, 10:14 AM
Instructor
This sounds like a lot of fun already! Mark! Are you serious man? biggrin.gif A pirate?!! How cool is that!!!

Todd - if I am not mistaken has an interesting family history!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 6 2013, 08:32 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 6 2013, 04:14 AM) *
This sounds like a lot of fun already! Mark! Are you serious man? biggrin.gif A pirate?!! How cool is that!!!

So I've heard, but so far I've yet to see any proof of it... Genetically speaking, I've seen noone in the family with any wooden legs that I'm aware of... smile.gif Although there has been a parrot or two.... oh and and at least one eye patch that I can recall.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2013, 02:15 AM
BORDER REIVERS UNITE!! smile.gif My family name (along Bart, Homer, and O.J) SIMPSON is one of original "Border Reiver" Clan names. So a fine legacy of Horse Thieving and generally being scoundrels. But as my Grandfather used to day "Be proud of anything you can't change, you might as well!!" smile.gif

Here is a list of the original clan names. If your name is in this list, Your a Reiver and when your ancestors left a Widow with her recently cleaved hubby, she was said to be "Bereived" which is where we get that word smile.gif

A List of Border Reiver Surnames
Archbold Armstrong Beattie
Bell Burns Carleton
Carlisle Carnaby Carrs
Carruthers Chamberlain Charlton
Collingwood Crisp Crozier
Cuthbert Dacre Davison
Dixon Dodd/s Douglas
Dunne Elliott Fenwick
Forster Graham Gray
Hall Hedley Henderson
Heron Hetherington Hume/Hulme
Irvine/g Johnston/e Kerr
Laidlaw Little Lowther
Maxwell Milburn Musgrove
Nixon Noble Ogle
Oliver Potts Pringle
Radcliffe Reade Ridley
Robson Routledge Rutherford
Salkeld Scott Selby
Shaftoe Storey Simpson
Tait Taylor Trotter
Turnbull Wake Watson
Wilson Woodrington Young

\
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 6 2013, 04:14 AM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2013, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Feb 6 2013, 07:32 PM) *
So I've heard, but so far I've yet to see any proof of it... Genetically speaking, I've seen noone in the family with any wooden legs that I'm aware of... smile.gif Although there has been a parrot or two.... oh and and at least one eye patch that I can recall.

Well then, Mark, it means that you have to participate on this one biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 7 2013, 01:15 AM) *
BORDER REIVERS UNITE!! smile.gif My family name (along Bart, Homer, and O.J) SIMPSON is one of original "Border Reiver" Clan names. So a fine legacy of Horse Thieving and generally being scoundrels. But as my Grandfather used to day "Be proud of anything you can't change, you might as well!!" smile.gif

Here is a list of the original clan names. If your name is in this list, Your a Reiver and when your ancestors left a Widow with her recently cleaved hubby, she was said to be "Bereived" which is where we get that word smile.gif

A List of Border Reiver Surnames
Archbold Armstrong Beattie
Bell Burns Carleton
Carlisle Carnaby Carrs
Carruthers Chamberlain Charlton
Collingwood Crisp Crozier
Cuthbert Dacre Davison
Dixon Dodd/s Douglas
Dunne Elliott Fenwick
Forster Graham Gray
Hall Hedley Henderson
Heron Hetherington Hume/Hulme
Irvine/g Johnston/e Kerr
Laidlaw Little Lowther
Maxwell Milburn Musgrove
Nixon Noble Ogle
Oliver Potts Pringle
Radcliffe Reade Ridley
Robson Routledge Rutherford
Salkeld Scott Selby
Shaftoe Storey Simpson
Tait Taylor Trotter
Turnbull Wake Watson
Wilson Woodrington Young

\

Todd, you should wear the family insignia while shooting the video for this collab! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2013, 01:58 PM
Instructor
Anyone fancy a little v-chat on this collab tonight? biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=632145

Check out my ideas in the tab above and come over at 8 PM London time!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 7 2013, 02:57 PM
Does anybody fancies Pirate Metal pioneers ??

+Quote Post
BTrian
Feb 7 2013, 04:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 7 2013, 02:57 PM) *
Does anybody fancies Pirate Metal pioneers ??

Alestorm?

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 7 2013, 05:05 PM
[quote name='Cosmin Lupu' date='Feb 7 2013, 02:16 AM' post='632074']
Well then, Mark, it means that you have to participate on this one biggrin.gif

Gonna give it a try... The due date on this will be about in the middle of the time my son will be born, should be bringing him home that week!

He can sit with me while I play.... I see one of two things happening.... He will either hate it, OR he will want to play too one day due to me inspiring him either by good playing, or inspiring him by bad playing thusly leading him to wanting to pick up a guitar to show me how to do it properly. smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 7 2013, 05:26 PM
QUOTE (BTrian @ Feb 7 2013, 04:14 PM) *
Alestorm?

Alestrom are Ok, but they're not pioneers. Btw. u're a german, u should know Running Wild smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2013, 08:29 PM
Instructor
Wow, Mark, you're gonna have a little buckaneer with you to record this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 8 2013, 12:24 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 7 2013, 02:29 PM) *
Wow, Mark, you're gonna have a little buckaneer with you to record this biggrin.gif

Probably more like the captain, and once he gets here I'll be the one swabbing the deck...... the poop deck that is.

I may see if I can opt for walking the plank instead. smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:19 PM