> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Horror Movie Collaboration
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2011, 10:25 PM
Instructor
Hey guys!! How are you? Welcome to my new collaboration based on the tune of my lesson Rob Zombie Style.

Feel free to record over this backing some shredding, some melodies and also some of the melodies that I showed in the lesson... let's create an amazing tune together!

It's a difficult backing to jam over it because it moves from D minor to D Phrygian all the time so you must pay attention and trust in your ears. The scales that you can use in this tune is D pentatonic minor (with b5) and D Phrygian Dominant.

Tempo: 110 bpm
Deadline: September 3rd (15 days)

Who is in??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 19 2011, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm in! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2011, 01:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 19 2011, 06:33 PM) *
I'm in! smile.gif

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DreamForge
Aug 20 2011, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
me too i cant miss this one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2011, 03:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DreamForge @ Aug 19 2011, 09:15 PM) *
me too i cant miss this one smile.gif

Great man! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2011, 04:34 AM
NIIIIIIICCCE! I'm in smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2011, 09:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 20 2011, 12:34 AM) *
NIIIIIIICCCE! I'm in smile.gif

Awesome Todd!! You are welcome! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
xxxridzr
Aug 23 2011, 10:19 PM
alright im in smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2011, 10:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (xxxridzr @ Aug 23 2011, 06:19 PM) *
alright im in smile.gif

smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
xxxridzr
Aug 23 2011, 10:42 PM
Did a quick improvise shredding with my awesome wah pedal smile.gif i love my wah like steve vai loves his whammy smile.gif
anyways here the file

Attached File(s)
Attached File  shred.wav ( 11.11MB ) Number of downloads: 305

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 24 2011, 02:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is my take. Not really scary smile.gif Learned pinch harmonics in yesterday's v-chat with Ben and wanted to add it in the collab smile.gif

Attached File  Horror_Movie_woutbt.mp3 ( 2.57MB ) Number of downloads: 192

Attached File  Horror_Movie_wtbt.mp3 ( 2.57MB ) Number of downloads: 209

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
xxxridzr
Aug 24 2011, 03:03 PM
QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 24 2011, 01:35 PM) *
Here is my take. Not really scary smile.gif Learned pinch harmonics in yesterday's v-chat with Ben and wanted to add it in the collab smile.gif

Awesome riffs smile.gif I went full shred lol. Im working on another take today figure out how to transfer it to mp3 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2011, 03:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 24 2011, 10:35 AM) *

Cool! Thanks for your take!! smile.gif

QUOTE (xxxridzr @ Aug 24 2011, 11:03 AM) *
Awesome riffs smile.gif I went full shred lol. Im working on another take today figure out how to transfer it to mp3 smile.gif

Great! Don't worry we still have time until the deadline. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 24 2011, 06:54 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm in!! This weekend I'll finally will be finished with moving and wil have some time to record something.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2011, 08:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 24 2011, 02:54 PM) *
I'm in!! This weekend I'll finally will be finished with moving and wil have some time to record something.

Great! Thanks for joining! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 27 2011, 08:10 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'm in!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2011, 06:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Aug 27 2011, 04:10 PM) *
I'm in!

Cool! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 29 2011, 03:17 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's my take...

I'm not sure if there is one best place to play the two scales but in listening to the backing it seems like just about anywhere in the main riff is good for Dminor pentatonic since it centers on D and occasionally goes to C which would be the flat 7th (I think tongue.gif ). Those two notes are present in both D minor pentatonic and Phrygian Dominant so it seems that both will work over the main riff. Then when the backing goes to the "octaves" part, it seems tied to Phrygian since the backing uses the flat 2nd and 6th as well at the root there. I really only used D minor pentatonic in one place and noodled around on Phrygian everywhere else. I lifted the middle part from your lesson cause it sounds so cool for this backing. Thanks Gabriel. Great fun backing! Can't wait to hear everyone elses take.

Attached File  082820110828_HorrorMovieCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.8MB ) Number of downloads: 219
Attached File  082820110828_HorrorMovieCollab_nobt.mp3 ( 2.01MB ) Number of downloads: 198

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2011, 08:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Aug 28 2011, 11:17 PM) *
Here's my take...

I'm not sure if there is one best place to play the two scales but in listening to the backing it seems like just about anywhere in the main riff is good for Dminor pentatonic since it centers on D and occasionally goes to C which would be the flat 7th (I think tongue.gif ). Those two notes are present in both D minor pentatonic and Phrygian Dominant so it seems that both will work over the main riff. Then when the backing goes to the "octaves" part, it seems tied to Phrygian since the backing uses the flat 2nd and 6th as well at the root there. I really only used D minor pentatonic in one place and noodled around on Phrygian everywhere else. I lifted the middle part from your lesson cause it sounds so cool for this backing. Thanks Gabriel. Great fun backing! Can't wait to hear everyone elses take.

Attached File  082820110828_HorrorMovieCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.8MB ) Number of downloads: 219
Attached File  082820110828_HorrorMovieCollab_nobt.mp3 ( 2.01MB ) Number of downloads: 198

Good analysis James! Every note sound on scale so you build a successful theory to compose the solo. I'll give you more feedback with the final mix. Thanks for your take! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DreamForge
Sep 4 2011, 06:43 PM
hi,

I know im a bit late so sorry i hope that you enjoy!!

With Backing
Without Backing

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:21 PM