3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Let's Make A Hit Song Collaboration!, Can we do it? Sure we can! Hope in! :)
xucphra
Jan 7 2008, 04:40 PM
GMC:er
I'd be up for doing the chorus. I can get a decent output to my computer.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2008, 06:59 PM
Instructor
OK, here we have left whats left smile.gif

2. Main riff (main riff throughout the whole song, some chord progression, powerchords or ...)
4. Chorus (similar to main riff but with more "power", repeats 3 times in the song)
9. Solo 3 (Advanced style solo)
11. Vocals (no need for lyrics, maybe some improvisation with voice is good enoguh if you want)
12. Free guitar fills (anything that you might think that can pass in a song as a background guitar, maybe some gentle chorus guitar or something... wink.gif

Come on, people is it possible that noone wants to do a main riff? Thats like the best! smile.gif ANy instructors... this one is easy!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 7 2008, 07:20 PM
I'll do the chorus. Or the main riff. Whichever is more convenient.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2008, 01:37 AM
Instructor
Sorry, didn't catch your posts there m8, you must have written them while I was writing mines. smile.gif

No problem, you can have the chorus..or the main riff, whatever you like. Witch one will it be?

And here are the slots, taken and non-taken so far:

1. Intro theme (beginning of a song) Slot taken by leedbreak
2. Main riff (main riff throughout the whole song, some chord progression, powerchords or ...)
3. Main theme (catchy main theme melody, simple one, repeats twice in the whole song) Slot taken by Iluha
4. Chorus (similar to main riff but with more "power", repeats 3 times in the song)
5. Solo Number 1 (beginners style solo) Slot taken by Nick325
6. Bridge (different chord progression from the main riff) Slot taken by Cuchulain
7. Chorus fills (backgorund guitar that will fill the chorus so it not sound "boring" when repeated, simple melody or something..) Slot taken by Crazyfret
8. Solo 2 (intermediate style solo) Slot taken by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn
10. Bass line for a whole song Slot taken by Bogdan
11. Vocals (no need for lyrics, maybe some improvisation with voice is good enoguh if you want)
12. Free guitar fills (anything that you might think that can pass in a song as a background guitar, maybe some gentle chorus guitar or something... wink.gif

I'm waiting xucphra for main riff or chorus.

Posting backings tomorrow for sure guys smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 8 2008, 01:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 8 2008, 01:49 AM
As an intermediate guitarist, do you think I'll be able to?
Meaning, is it not something amazingly hard?

This post has been edited by xucphra: Jan 8 2008, 01:52 AM

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2008, 01:55 AM
Instructor
You can play whatever you like for this collab man, it really doesn't matter how good you play, just try to make us proud. smile.gif

So.. what will it be? Main riff or chorus?

--------------------

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 8 2008, 02:02 AM
I'll take the chorus. I'm a man of POWER! happy.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2008, 02:40 AM
Instructor
OK, chorus is yours powerman. You'll record it tomorrow smile.gif

And here are the slots, taken and non-taken so far:

3. Main theme (catchy main theme melody, simple one, repeats twice in the whole song) Slot taken by Iluha
4. Chorus (similar to main riff but with more "power", repeats 3 times in the song) Slot taken by xucphra
6. Bridge (different chord progression from the main riff) Slot taken by Cuchulain
7. Chorus fills (backgorund guitar that will fill the chorus so it not sound "boring" when repeated, simple melody or something..) Slot taken by Crazyfret
10. Bass line for a whole song Slot taken by Bogdan

Will somebody do the main riff please smile.gif Thats like the best part of the song! And we need it soon! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Jan 8 2008, 02:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 8 2008, 02:43 AM
Great! Tomorrow is actually perfect, seeing as I get back home to my guitars. =D

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 8 2008, 07:25 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I need this to be seen.

I'm not going to be able to do the part. My flight got canceled due to a snow storm and I'm not getting home until this Friday. Sorry, and I hope to do the next one.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2008, 06:38 PM
Instructor
Well you can do the chorus on friday, or on weekend. Do you want to?

--------------------

+Quote Post
xucphra
Jan 8 2008, 06:42 PM
Definately. I just assumed it had to be for today.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
Jan 10 2008, 06:07 PM
I'll get it done on friday as well if that's ok smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez JPM2, Ibanez XPT700
Amps: Atomic Reactor 212-50, Marshall MG100DFx, Fender Eighty-Five
Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jan 10 2008, 06:45 PM
Would love to do vocals, need some practice. Bin practicing vocals for...two month? don't sound like a donkey anymore.
My range isn't that spectacular, though.
Im getting a mic in the weekend(i think) or next.
So do u set me up as considerated? smile.gif

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 10 2008, 08:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I would love to hear some vocals on this one...Maybe Ivan can make a back vocals track too for someone to fill in...Also I would really like to hear lyrics too, than we will have a really great song on our hands.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 11 2008, 02:12 AM
well,,,, ah I ..... might be willing to take on the advanced solo. rolleyes.gif

Or is it just one part per person?

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 11 2008, 11:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AudunESP @ Jan 10 2008, 06:45 PM) *
Would love to do vocals, need some practice. Bin practicing vocals for...two month? don't sound like a donkey anymore.

That's great man! smile.gif Sure you can do the vocals, I think you'll do great, don't worry. We are all here to learn something and to have good fun smile.gif
I'll upload upload the backings for vocals as soon as I get them!

Here are the slots that are already taken:

2. Main riff (main riff throughout the whole song, some chord progression, powerchords or ...) Done by me
4. Chorus (similar to main riff but with more "power", repeats 3 times in the song) Slot taken by Xuchpra
7. Chorus fills (background guitar that will fill the chorus so it not sound "boring" when repeated, simple melody or something..) Slot taken by Crazyfret
9. Bass line for a whole song Slot taken by Bogdan
10. Vocals (no need for lyrics, maybe some improvisation with voice is good enoguh if you want)Slot taken by AudunESP

And here what we have left so far:

1. Advanced Solo

2. Free guitar fills (anything that you might think that can pass in a song as a background guitar, maybe some gentle chorus guitar or something... wink.gif

3. Back vocals (if you have some ideas to add to main vocals - do it by all means, maybe some aaaaaaaaas, or oooooooooohs, would be nice smile.gif )

Leedbreak, I would love to give you a solo, but let's just stay on the rules for this one man, please! smile.gif I'll do next collab soon, so you can solo over that one. In a week or so! Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (AudunESP @ Jan 10 2008, 06:45 PM) *

Also some lyrics could come in handy, what do you think mna? We can write something simple about GMC. I'll do the lyrics if you wanna sing it, is that ok? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jan 12 2008, 02:25 PM
well, i need some practice making lyrics, but if my lyrics is totaly not-cool im fine with you takin the job smile.gif
ill post my lyrics on the uploads thread before the final mixdown, so anyone can help me make changes and so on.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by AudunESP: Jan 12 2008, 02:26 PM

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Scoob
Jan 12 2008, 03:46 PM
I would like to take a crack at:

2. Free guitar fills (anything that you might think that can pass in a song as a background guitar, maybe some gentle chorus guitar or something.

Since I am not a speedster this might be the best fit. wink.gif

Thanks

Scoob

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 22 2008, 10:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Ivan,

I'm not sure when this collab ends but I'm on Holiday from the 27th Jan for a week.

I'm not sure when Xuchpra will post his take for the chorus but if its after the 27th I will be unable to post my take during this time.

Sorry if this causes you problems but I'll be happy to stand aside if you need to get someone to take my part.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:03 PM