Fender Warranty Service
fkalich
Jan 4 2010, 10:13 PM
GMC:er
For the second time, Fender has replaced a neck for me at their cost. The first was a Tele with a maxed out truss rod adjustment. This time the blame was mine, on my Strat. I stripped out the truss rod nut, which on a Fender is a pain, you can't get to the nut without drilling out the plug at the head. But there were some questionable issues about the neck, so they agreed to just replace the neck at their cost. I bought the guitar 3 years ago.

Fender is pretty good about supporting the product, at least on their American product. I have heard they are not as good on the cheaper lines, but you get what you pay for. I promised them never to adjust the truss rod again on one of my fenders.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jan 4 2010, 10:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 4 2010, 10:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 4 2010, 10:13 PM) *
For the second time, Fender has replaced a neck for me at their cost. The first was a Tele with a maxed out truss rod adjustment. This time the blame was mine, on my Strat. I stripped out the truss rod nut, which on a Fender is a pain, you can't get to the nut without drilling out the plug at the head. But there were some questionable issues about the neck, so they agreed to just replace the neck at their cost. I bought the guitar 3 years ago.

Fender is pretty good about supporting the product, at least on their American product. I have heard they are not as good on the cheaper lines, but you get what you pay for. I promised them never to adjust the truss rod again on one of my fenders.

Great to hear this.
Adjusting truss rod can be problematic sometimes...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2010, 01:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 4 2010, 10:13 PM) *

Was your promise the condition or...

smile.gif
Just kidding mate, great to hear that they replaced the neck, every company should do it.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 5 2010, 01:30 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 5 2010, 04:12 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Good to hear, I wish all companies were the same!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 6 2010, 10:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I love Fender! That is phenomenal customer support!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jan 6 2010, 10:54 PM
Ask NoSkill about his "What strat?" or rather "White Strat" sometime. Hopefully he'll tell the still-ongoing tale.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2010, 11:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is very good to hear! How long does warranty last for Fender guitars (american ones) ??? I'm not quite sure, but it really cool that they replaced the neck after 3 years (and it wasn't broken when you got the guitar).

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 7 2010, 10:01 PM
That's pretty good Customer Service!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:47 AM