Cavalera Conspiracy And Others
VinceG
Jul 23 2008, 06:00 PM
GMC:er
So, being in a radio station got me and my friend a few tickets to see a concert for free. Cavalera Conspiracy kicked off the tour this year with Throwdown, Bury Your Dead, Dillinger Escape Plan, and finally Cavalera Conspiracy. The venue is at Clutch Cargo in Pontiac which is surprisingly cool (in an air condition way)

Bury Your Dead
They were ok. Put on a decent pit, but not a lot of energy as of yet. I don't like that music, but it also brought out the hardcore dancing kids that pretty much pissed off all the metalhead in the concert.

Throwdown
Throwdown pretty much sounded like a Pantera rip-off. Great show to these guys. I don't see myself listening to there music on a daily basis, but I wouldn't mind seeing one of there shows either. Great violent pit from these guys. The singer also came off the stage and started messing with the hardcore kids, and when one of them fought back, he openly smacked him, and all the people pretty much laughed.

Dillinger Escape Plan
Great show! I don't think I can explain there energy on the stage. Just insane. Top knotch musicians, that can also make anyone loose there mind. Huge pit as always.

Cavalera Conspiracy
The band of the night. I would admit that I don't like any of Sepultura songs/albums past Chaos AD, and I never listened to Soulfly before, but they put on a high energy show. A THRASH ENERGY SHOW. Bring out 50 metalheads into the middle of the room, and play Troops of Doom, Dead Embryonic Cell, Inner Self, Altered State, Desperate Cry, Refuse Resist and you got a pit that is just violent. A little drum solo from Igor, and Mark Rizzo is also a great guitarist.

Overall, good show. Lots of headbanging and moshing to be had. Plus who knew that the singer for throwdown will beat up some kid while trying to perform and mosh at the same time. And also, CC playing classic Sepultura songs.

Would I go see any of these bands again? Hell Yeah. They all put on a good show. Thrashing moshing good time from all these dudes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jul 23 2008, 06:02 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2008, 06:28 PM
Instructor
ohmy.gif Refuse Resist played by the Calavera brother sounds AWESOME! It hink that they should have played Roots and Territory to destroy the place. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 24 2008, 12:50 AM
haha yeah, they played Roots Blood Roots as the last song.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 24 2008, 01:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
How can you NOT like the roots record?!? I've also seen CC and they freakin destroyed the place; New Soulfly record is also going to be an all out thrash record...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 24 2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah man, I wasn't expecting them to play so many classic thrash songs. But sorry, I don't like roots. I'm not one of those OMG Roots sucks its not thrash metal bgla flkhdf fls but you know, it just didn't suit for me.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jul 24 2008, 01:34 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 25 2008, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Cool review, I can see you are a true metal/trash fan smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 26 2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks Ivan. Metal is my life man! Going to shows are my anger reliefs. Its really nice moshing with people, and then shaking there hands and hugging them after the show. You get that sort of brotherhood bond between the people you mosh and headbang with. All the people I met there was really cool. The energy just flows through, and keeps you headbanging like crazy.

My neck and back are still sore haha.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jul 26 2008, 06:12 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:51 AM