> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
May 27 2012, 07:49 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Oh yes! I've seen it dude! it's possible to have him in Romania for a clinic this year! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 27 2012, 10:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 27 2012, 06:49 PM) *
biggrin.gif Oh yes! I've seen it dude! it's possible to have him in Romania for a clinic this year! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Cool cosmin! I would hope to see him in my country too. Ive noticed in my country we have man players, but generally people who are not guitarists are not intrested at all ohmy.gif

He actually recorded an album with James labrie in a small town in my country 30-40 kilometres from where I live haha tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor
How cool is that?? biggrin.gif It's the same thing here man... I mean even guitarists don't know him that well sad.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 2 2012, 03:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
So Cosmin, what that Satriani-esque you had in mind? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 4 2012, 05:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have a few ideas myself, but Im sure your will be very cool wink.gif Could you please show me soon smile.gif
I would need to finish a first version of the song to next wedensday where I will play it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2012, 06:10 PM
Instructor
hey Erik,

I'll try and send somethin' your way tomorrow wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 10 2012, 01:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 4 2012, 05:10 PM) *
hey Erik,

I'll try and send somethin' your way tomorrow wink.gif

Cosmin

thanks man smile.gif Would be nice to look at this idea tomorrow!
cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2012, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik smile.gif sorry for the lag, I was thinking to come up with something more than just that part tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 11 2012, 12:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 10 2012, 01:05 PM) *
Hey Erik smile.gif sorry for the lag, I was thinking to come up with something more than just that part tongue.gif

Ah, even better smile.gif More ideas will certainly help me

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 12 2012, 06:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Tomorrow i am going to play my new song, which will only be some kind of beta version, with only the two backing idea I made.
I am working on some other ideas and your ideas will certainly help me and be good.

After that Im going to practice some right hand, one of yours drop C lessons.
I also know I should learn your Sfogli lesson tongue.gif But I started working on Andromeda recently, which is such a techincal challenge in both playing and transcribing. The fast part is explained by some guy though and tabbed.

Maybe you can help me out. How do you even learn this? haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqOomFjGfGg
Is it even enough to "start slowly" tongue.gif
I dont know, seems so hard to learn. I think I got a decent technique though. Ive managed to learn things by going slow and raising tempo but this, I dont know haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2012, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik smile.gif I would suggest you to start slow with easier stuff, as Andromeda is some piece of work!

I think it would be easier to build up to that point where things are coming more natural to ya, rather than trying to assimilate very difficult stuff with far less results then the other way around. I love that song, but I think it's a bit too much for me too at this point smile.gif who knows, maybe next year?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 13 2012, 01:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I use kind of my own technique, but other player use it as well, combining alternate and economy picking. Its going well I think, for me it does.
My sweeping is also decent, came very naturally to me.

But is there any lessons on GMC that I should be able to play in order to even start learning this?
Maybe you can give a few examples.

No matter what I will learn the first 2 minutes of the song which actually is my favorie part, before it goes into insane shredding mode smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 14 2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor
smile.gif ok man, I think the first 2 minutes are relatively ok to tackle! Well, regarding Marco oriented stuff - you need to find things combining alternate picking and a lot of articulation to get the right premises.

You know what smile.gif let's start with my Marco lesson - it's not difficult and not easy enough not to pose a challenge biggrin.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 14 2012, 04:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
sure i drop my guitar and post a rec take smile.gif
I made it through the first minute of the song though! Such a joy to play that song, even though my timing is off haha.
But that 1:10 lick, seems playable but what a lick: Check this out I tabbed part of it it like this for you:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------9---10---11----10--9---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------9---12-------------------------------------12---11---10--9------------------------------------
--9---11---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive seen this usage of out notes (or what is it) in his songs. Can you explain how this works? It doesnt really sound out.

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jun 14 2012, 05:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 17 2012, 05:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
I can focus on praticing Cosmin wink.gif
I got your tasks, alex tasks, my new song.
And loads of stuff, very difficult stuff I am trying to learn, I cant focus directly on learning one thing, I jump between them, and I always end up improvising over a cool backing track, which is fun but doenst really give much.

Think I need some help structuring my practicing.
Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 18 2012, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik smile.gif I am glad you have brought this up man. I noticed in time, that you tend to get involved in quite a few musical directions, but somehow you end up without too much achieved.. Am I being wrong? If yes, please tell me and if no, here's what I suggest:

1) Make a list with all your musical activities
2) Set a daily time dedicated to music (including everything - practice, rehearsals, writing etc.)
3) We'll make a schedule for you and results should appear as long as you decide to FOCUS on things and aim for final results which are tangible at this level and then move on smile.gif

what do you think man?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 18 2012, 05:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
No, you are completely right, check out "ElHombre guitar mentoring" In Alex feather forum, check my latest post there, I wrote down the entire situation there

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2012, 05:55 PM
Instructor
Broheim, you are in a big pot of soup smile.gif

Hmmm, this is getting a bit difficult, because you will have to focus on somethings at this point and leave others aside for some time, now the question is, how many of these can you leave aside and how many are compulsory?

I understand that you have 3 hrs a day, right?

My Own tasks: Here is where I end up and acheiving nothing. Transcribing and learning both Andromeda by Marco sfogli and She goes by, Muris varajic. Also doing some work on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYM864IOTs8...feature=g-all-c
what to focus on?

It's a bit obvious that these are some things that you could leave aside for some time - I know you want them, but you need to build up your strengths for them smile.gif

Theory
New Song
Alex tasks
Cosmin tasks

The theoretical part has been covered out of what I am seeing by both me and Alex smile.gif so I would ask you to make a little list, very concise, stating what you have learned with each one of us, so that I may know where you could go from here.

Alex's tasks are his so, he knows very well where to take you

As for mine - let's focus on the Sfogli Lesson and Modern Metal lessons, ok?

Exchanging ideas for a new song are never bad, as I strongly encourage creation smile.gif

So, aside from this, after finishing with these we can focus on stuff which will build up your chops so that you can tackle those difficult lessons we have left for later, ok?

Check out mad's, Spasemoonkey's or Opetholic's thread - they are good examples of people who focused and achieved smile.gif always wink.gif

what say you my friend?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 19 2012, 06:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
I learned the Marco sfogli song this morning, finally managed to focus smile.gif I cant do bends on the high E string, tone dies out, so I had to do that bend on the 22th fret. Well I should have dropped another guitar for this but I think I can still manage with the Fender.

I decided, after learning your modern metal solo, the next step would be marcos 80s style lesson which I am halfthrough, so I deal with it then. Then the next step should be the petrucci lesson. I guess I can play these and post in the thread and you can grade 1-10 like in the REC zone

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2012, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Howdy Erik! Shoot a vid and post it here in the thread so we can discuss on it biggrin.gif then it's off to the REC zone with it wink.gif

let's rock!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:18 AM