Anyway To Increase Velocity Of A Drum In Fl?, similar to the fill in drum lesson 1
bham
Mar 7 2008, 10:53 PM
GMC:er
I've been trying to make the basic beat and fill from the first lesson of FL, but i was wondering how you increase the attack any particular beat?

or any other tips to make the drum machine sound less artificial?

Thanks,
Brian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Mar 8 2008, 12:40 AM
Drum instructor
QUOTE (bham @ Mar 7 2008, 03:53 PM) *
I've been trying to make the basic beat and fill from the first lesson of FL, but i was wondering how you increase the attack any particular beat?

or any other tips to make the drum machine sound less artificial?

Thanks,
Brian

on the step-sequencer...or the workspace...whatever you wanna call it there's 2 buttons on the top right of this little window. The one on the left is for a bunch of different things.

When you click it use the slider at the bottom of the dialog that comes up to find what you want to adjust. Velocity is one of the options.

As far as making the drum set sound less artificial...get loops or samples of real drum kits and use them instead of midi sounds.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kyle Logue: Mar 8 2008, 12:41 AM

+Quote Post
bham
Mar 8 2008, 01:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kyle Logue @ Mar 7 2008, 05:40 PM) *
on the step-sequencer...or the workspace...whatever you wanna call it there's 2 buttons on the top right of this little window. The one on the left is for a bunch of different things.

When you click it use the slider at the bottom of the dialog that comes up to find what you want to adjust. Velocity is one of the options.

As far as making the drum set sound less artificial...get loops or samples of real drum kits and use them instead of midi sounds.

ah, got it now. thanks man!

btw, your lessons rock

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Mar 8 2008, 01:44 AM
Drum instructor
QUOTE (bham @ Mar 7 2008, 06:35 PM) *
ah, got it now. thanks man!

btw, your lessons rock

haha thanks...the next one is going to be a really long one...i think everyone will like it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:11 PM