Video Recording Tutorial Live!, For instructors and SI instructors
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 2 2008, 08:19 PM
GMC Founder
Hi there!

I thought this one deserved a thread in the forum as well biggrin.gif

Thanks alot David, Muris and Gabriel for putting this tutorial together.

I really hope this will help our instructors improve their video quality.

I also hope it will inspire you to record some videos for our Student Instructors Board! biggrin.gif If you are interested in doing so but not sure how to - be sure to check with Smells as he will help you out.

Looking forward to your videos,
Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 2 2008, 08:34 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice video, great to have a demonstration like that smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 2 2008, 09:10 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
These are awesome tutorials!

As Kris has said should really help anyone wanting to post their own lesson on the forum but not quite sure where to start, excellent! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 2 2008, 11:33 PM
Instructor
Excellent move! Didn't even know this one is in the making unsure.gif Well done guys! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 3 2008, 09:56 AM
Instructor
yeah, it's an excelent tutorial !!! I love it, and it's really hepful for me because I have problems with Premiere and I need to move to Vegas and David and Muris use it smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 3 2008, 10:23 AM
GMC:er
Thanks for the time as usual guys. I love Gabriel's setup. I think hiw video quality is amazing. It's as if you're actually there lol in the room. The green backdrop I love also. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 3 2008, 01:36 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Wow, big surprise to me as well - I think I will try out David's lighting scheme - I have been using 2 lights in front of me, I'll get a 3rd and try the 3 way split I think!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 3 2008, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 3 2008, 12:36 PM) *
Wow, big surprise to me as well

?? Weren't you in one of the videos? blink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 3 2008, 01:53 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 3 2008, 08:41 AM) *
?? Weren't you in one of the videos? blink.gif biggrin.gif

Hey, was I? What a surprise biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 3 2008, 03:39 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Awesome tutorial guys, thanks a lot.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 3 2008, 03:42 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Apr 3 2008, 02:39 PM) *
Awesome tutorial guys, thanks a lot.

Marcus are you putting any new lessons together currently?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Apr 5 2008, 11:38 AM
Instructor
Excellent tutorial guys, i was most interested in the lighting scheme because that seems to be the achilles heel of the vid process. Thanks a bunch for the pointers.

I would like to add my two cents to the process about a third option for recording vid to computer. This is what i currently do. i have taken out the edit aligning process by buying an S video to USB adaptar for my camera my camera which is a Sharp VLSD-20 has the option of taking stills or video. What i do is put it in camera mode and hook up the camera to my interface.

I am currently using just Movie maker which comes with Windows XP, with the camera on i just capture what the camera sees i set it to also record audio, i set it to "Stereo mix" in the capture menu when asked. I have my guitar plugged into my computer line in from my GNX 3.

When i am ready to capture the video i just hit play on windows media player where i have my backing track prepared as an MP3 and hit the capture button on the movie maker.

By doing it this way i dont have to align the video to the audio because its being recorded in real time. Of course the downside is if you mess up you have to start over. I try to practice my lesson over and over until i can do it without stopping and playing it exactly the way i want.

When doing the sections part and the extended angles my brother helps me with the camera work so i dont have to bounce back and forth like a rabbit.

I record all my backing tracks using Sonar 4 PE i mostly do guitar and bass work by hand. But in an instance where i want keyboard i will write it out in Guitar pro and export it as midi into Sonar and use the TTS 1 bank sounds i want. All drums are EZdrummer. I will start with a basic loop and just add hits or take them away in the piano roll.

Daniel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 5 2008, 11:43 AM
Hey Daniel smile.gif

Thats quite interesting as I have problems with the "end" quality with windows movie maker, I can hook my camera up the same way as you describe also and yes it does take away the "syncing" element.

Once you have captured the video can you explain further what you do, the options you choose for exporting and saving the video smile.gif

Thanks

Chris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Apr 5 2008, 12:02 PM
Instructor
Sure, smile.gif

First off i set my camera to all the highest settings for quality etc, i also use gamma correction on the camera itself.

When i capture the video to begin with i actually capture it at 640X480 its the setting which is "Video for local playback 2.1mbs" which is double the size of what i am going to export it as. By doing this i am can of course see better how my lighting and try to get the tighest shot i can. When going to export i cut the size in half and export it under the setting "high quality video(small) which is 320X240.

What i have found is if you start out with 320X240 you have pixelation issues and artifacts. But if i capture at a much larger size and convert that video smaller it tightens it all up. Because any pixel issues i have at 640X480 go away because its shrinking.

Now i have tried capturing as an AVI at max settings at 1024X768...although it looks great it just takes up far too much space on the Hardrive. A one minute video can be as much as 400mb. If you have the storage capacity i suggest doing it that way. For me i dont have a huge hardrive its only 60gigs and with all the other applications i have and the music .wav files i have i just dont have the extra room.

Daniel

This post has been edited by D.Robinson: Apr 5 2008, 12:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 5 2008, 01:12 PM
ok thanks, I`ll have a try that way see how it turns out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Apr 5 2008, 05:06 PM
Instructor
Great great tutorial!!! Thank guys!

--------------------

+Quote Post
emirb
Jun 2 2010, 11:03 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
What happened with this tutorial? anyone know? Kris?! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 2 2010, 01:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (emirb @ Jun 2 2010, 12:03 PM) *
What happened with this tutorial? anyone know? Kris?! smile.gif

It was removed because much of the content wasn't really up to do date. You should find other helpful topics here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=171

You can also post a new topic there if you need help in a specific area.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:56 AM