2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Alter Bridge, Awesome band!
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2008, 11:06 PM
Instructor
Hey all! I think that the most of you knows this band (formed by the ex-Creed members) but I think that anybody that likes rock and metal should know it. I really enjoy listening to their two albums. Their vocalist is incredible, the guitar player is awesome and the bass and drums players are killer.

Here you have some links:

Rise today
Find the real live

What do you think about them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 6 2008, 11:08 PM
GMC:er
I think they're ok, i like them but it didn't blow me away or anything like that. I don't listen to them regularly just now and then

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 8 2008, 04:16 PM
The Dark Canuck
Well I never really listened to this band before, pretty much wrote them off as was not a fan of Creed. But man was I wrong. Downloaded "Blackbird" and "One Day Remains" albums this morning from iTunes and I can honestly say I really like these guys. Especially the "One Day Remains" album, great stuff.

Thanks Gabriel for introducing me to another great band smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Apr 8 2008, 04:23 PM
I got there new album last christmas and I have to say I was disapointed. The singer is way to weird for me. But some of the guitar licks and beats are awesome. I think I like creed more just because of Scott Stapp though. wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby 535q Wah Pedal
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Apr 8 2008, 09:01 PM
Instructor
Yes!! It is a great band.... but I don't know why, after listen some songs continued I get bored huh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2008, 01:41 AM
Instructor
We have more negative comments than possitive... sad.gif However I have been listening One Day Remains today and I really enjoyed it. Even today discovered their singer's band called The Mayfield Four and I really liked it...
Check the last chorus of the ballad song Summergirl... I can't believe the notes that he reaches there.
You'll also find a new version of the song Watch over you with Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna coil) as a guest.

Myspace

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
crabman
Apr 10 2008, 05:30 AM

Hey Gabriel, I live about 20 min from where Myles Kennedy got started. Ive seen many Mayfield Four shows. I like his voice also, and to here it live is very impresive too. Check out the movie "Rock Star" with Mark Wahlberg, Myles Is the singer who takes the stage at the end.

+Quote Post
Rolls
Apr 10 2008, 05:39 AM
I think "Ties that bind" is their best tune. Cool lyrics too....

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 10 2008, 06:42 AM
They are one of my favorite bands, saw them live a couple years ago. I love everything about them and Myles Kennedy is an awesome guitarist as well as vocalist. Mark Tremonti is an amazing guitarist also. I listen to them very often and they are a big inspiration on me. Myles Kennedy is part deaf too which is a big influence on me since I have hearing/ear problems also (just had another surgery on my ears last Tuesday). Overall I love Alter Bridge!

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 10 2008, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Nice melodies and heavy riffs. I think they are a good band. Some songs a really good to play, thumbs up for tha Alter Bridge...and Creed too...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 10 2008, 02:22 PM
Not really my sort of thing but 10 times better than Creed. Christ they were bad. I loved Dexter Holland's Creed shirt that he made himself. It said on it "Even Jesus Hates Creed" biggrin.gif For those that don't know Dexter Holland is from The Offspring. Who are a great band smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 10 2008, 04:21 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
What the.. How have I never heard this before???

Awesome songs, thanks Gabriel smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2008, 04:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 10 2008, 12:21 PM) *
What the.. How have I never heard this before???

Awesome songs, thanks Gabriel smile.gif

Go and get their albums! You'll not be dissapointed! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mr T
Apr 10 2008, 06:43 PM
Coincidently I only started listening to Alter Bridge this week, but I'm really starting to like their songs. Very nice band indeed, with some great guitar tunes.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 10 2008, 07:00 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 10 2008, 05:30 PM) *
Go and get their albums! You'll not be dissapointed! wink.gif

Sounds good, I've ordered them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Robwylde
Apr 10 2008, 07:40 PM
A very well rounded band. Now how about a Mark Tremonti style lesson? Gabriel you would nail his style cool.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 11 2008, 02:12 AM
QUOTE (Robwylde @ Apr 10 2008, 02:40 PM) *
A very well rounded band. Now how about a Mark Tremonti style lesson? Gabriel you would nail his style cool.gif

Good thinking! I want to get his signature PRS.

+Quote Post
crabman
Apr 11 2008, 02:14 AM
QUOTE (Robwylde @ Apr 10 2008, 11:40 AM) *

+1

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2008, 04:17 AM
Instructor
I promise it. wink.gif

EDIT: I'm talking about the mark tremonti style lesson. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 11 2008, 04:19 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
Apr 11 2008, 04:27 AM
did yall know mark tremonti took lessons from Michael Angelo Batio after creed broke up

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:31 AM