Stuck In Drop D
Outlaw2112
May 1 2008, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
Seems like i cant get outta drop D tuning... i love the sounds i get outta this tuning, also i seem to be writing at least 5 pages of new riffs everyday in this tuning... Im not getting much actual practice in, but i am writing alot and having fun... Just started on my second notebook of riffs.. I have about 200 pages of my own material..

Seems like once i start to practice i hear things that would make up some cool sounding riffs and i start writing again...
Has anyone else had this happen to them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 1 2008, 12:48 AM
The Dark Canuck
Well I don't have 200 pages of my own stuff wink.gif but I do very much enjoy Drop D tuning. I love the thick sound you get. I do tend to mess around more in drop D then anything else so, hmmmmm, maybe I should start writing things down...I seem to write everything else down laugh.gif

But all I can say man is if your having fun keep it up. Whatever keeps you motivated can't be bad in my opinion.

rok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 1 2008, 02:39 AM
Instructor
It is good to practice songwriting but not good to neglect other practice. Must practice everything if you wanna improve. You could practice even in droped D, don't see the problem there. I think you only lack discipline to keep going with practice.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 1 2008, 10:11 PM
Instructor
i think you have to practice also on standard tune

+Quote Post
bladzerok
May 1 2008, 10:15 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
well if you are a fan of lamb of god you should love drop d tuning laugh.gif

i enjoy it a lot too, but scales are easier to remember on standard tuning

and playing in standard tuning can give you different kind of inspiration(because after 200 page of new riffs, im sure some of them look alike wink.gif )

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 1 2008, 11:48 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bladzerok @ May 1 2008, 10:15 PM) *
well if you are a fan of lamb of god you should love drop d tuning laugh.gif

i enjoy it a lot too, but scales are easier to remember on standard tuning

and playing in standard tuning can give you different kind of inspiration(because after 200 page of new riffs, im sure some of them look alike wink.gif )

I have alot of riffs in standard tuning, but since going to drop d tuning, ive been writing new riffs everyday...

And yes im a big fan of lamb of god, they are from richmond which is about an hour away from me...
Im also learning some stuff from all that remains...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:31 AM