Juan Guitar, Advice Required!!
iainsteward
May 6 2008, 01:22 AM
GMC:er
Hi Juan,

Love your lessons here at GMC, and had a question for you regarding your guitar. I was thinking it was a Jem555, before you taped it EVH style tongue.gif I have been looking into buying this guitar, and cannot make my mind up between the white one or the black one with crazy pickguard!! but have heard negative things about it, someone told me it had a bad tremelo system on it..... what is your own personal opinion of the guitar? Is the neck fast, does it have good action/intonation? Does it sound/play good? Can I use if for a wide range of styles from neo-classical to jazz to blues?

Thank you Juan,
Keep Rockin
Iain!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 6 2008, 07:38 AM
Instructor
yes, that's a JEM 555... well actually a 2005 JEM 555, and this year is important because before thi year Ibanez put a different and worse bridge, so there was lot of problems with tremolo system as you said. I don't know if after this year Ibanez mantains the same bridge or changes it again but I hear also some bad comments about this guitar.
My personal opinion with MY guitar is that is a great guitar. I don't have problems with my bridge and I love to use my whammy bar a lot tongue.gif
Well, nowadays I use a 2 Tremol-YES in my bridge to help more my tuning and my whammy bar obsesion tongue.gif. I'll upload some pics tomorrow, hehe, and you could see them and my scalloped neck smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:40 AM