0 0

> 2000-2010 Bands, What's your favourite?
Kapto
post Aug 10 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.479

Hi Gmc'ers
Looking back in time I enjoyed the 80's with maiden,judas, Ozzy,Dio,Helloween and a long Etc...
The 90's with Metallica, Megadeth,Dream theater, Symphony X, Guns & Roses, Red hot chilli peppers+went through all the instrumental ones Mac Alpine, Tafolla,satriani,Vinnie Moore,vai.....etc...
The thing is since 2000 I haven't found so many bands that I like a lot. Maybe the new turn to Nu-Death-power-metal or whatever label you want to put in it doesn't work very much for me.
So the only bands I found which I like are Circus Maximus and the 1st 2 albums of Adagio and thats it. Maybe if you post your favourite band let's say from 2000-2010 may help me to find some others.
So far the winners for me are CIRCUS MAXIMUS

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gus
post Aug 11 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 3.920

Ah, by the way. I did not include Audioslave and Velvet revolver, because I don´t consider them as 2000-2010 bands, since they are most formed by former band mates...

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
post Aug 11 2008, 06:19 PM
Post #3

Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.018

I have had a hard time locating any new bands that interest me these days. I have been looking back toward older bands that I missed in the past. Radiohead and Children of Bodom are two that I recently got heavy into and until now was unfamiliar with. I did see Velvet Revolver a few times and their first tour promoting the Contraband album was great. I saw them in the Avalon in Boston, a small venue. The next time at the Worchester Centrum a much larger venue, and they were awful. Also, they played on late night with Jay Leno shortly after that and were horrible!! I was hoping to see big things from them but drugs and attitude always seem to get in the way.

As far as the whole Emo or hardcore scene there is a song here and there that may catch my ears but the overall style is just not for me. I am glad to be a product of the 80's and the 90's biggrin.gif I remember the radio and MTV (before it became RealityTV) flooded with bands like Soundgarden, Pantera, Nirvana, Megadeth, Stone Temple Pilots, Metallica, Ozzy, and many more. That to me was a great time for music. Two words..............headbangers ball!! tongue.gif

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:12 AM