> Little Finger
Matt23
post Oct 17 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Accomplished Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.866

I've got a question. Should i use my pinky for shred runs.

I've noticed that for example, Pavel and Muris use their pinkies a lot, but Marcus (Lavendell) and other people (cant remember who) don't use theirs so much. All of these people can play very fast so both methods obviously work. I always try to use my little finger wherever possible, but for a long time i had trouble with getting my pinky fast and i still do. I just wondered if i happen to have a weak little finger and should try to use other fingers instead. This may be me trying to find a reason why i'm not progressing as fast as id like to, that isn't i haven't done enough practice, but i just wondered why do some people use their pinkies and some people don't.

Matt

This post has been edited by Matt23: Oct 17 2008, 06:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jesse
post Oct 17 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.426

I think we got the same problem buddy, my pinky is weak and numb as hell! The pinky "muscle" is the weakest, but I have practised the use of the pinky alot and I am noticing improvements. Try to use your pinky alot when you can!!!!! Start slow, then build it up. Also, practicing legato with your pinky will improve strenght and stamina!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Matt23
post Oct 17 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #3

Accomplished Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 3.866

QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 17 2008, 06:24 PM) *
I think we got the same problem buddy, my pinky is weak and numb as hell! The pinky "muscle" is the weakest, but I have practised the use of the pinky alot and I am noticing improvements. Try to use your pinky alot when you can!!!!! Start slow, then build it up. Also, practicing legato with your pinky will improve strenght and stamina!

I did do pinky/ring trills for like a minute a day once but then i got good enough to do like 3 minutes and it just got so boring. I also didn't even have any pain to be slightly interesting, my pinky just felt numb at the end of it so i gave up.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 06:09 AM