> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rock Bass Lesson 2 - Bogdan Radovic, NoSkill - Bass REC Submission
NoSkill
Jul 21 2009, 02:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...k-bass-lesson2/

Fender Jazz Bass Geddy Lee Signature (Svetlana)
Line 6 Guitar Port
Sony Vegas Video - Video pre-mix processing
Garageband
POD Farm Plugin
Logitech Pro 9000
iMovie - Video post-mix processing

Reason for choosing this lesson: I've been working on rhythm placement and so I decided to be the rhythm section for some lessons. This lesson had a good groove to it that just caught me ear.

Edit: Typo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 23 2009, 02:16 PM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 21 2009, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Rhythm placement 4.1
Cleanness 4.1
Feel 4
Posture 3.8
Sound 4

I am not a bass expert but I can tell you from my guitar perspective that you did a quite good job. You're playing it with the pick so there should be much more attack. Overall take could be tighter. I would recomend some compression on your tone as well. That's what bass players usually use for punchy sound as in the rhythm section of a band you should be the base together with the drums and the band needs to rely on your rhythm.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 21 2009, 06:03 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Rhythm placement 4
Cleanness 3.8
Feel 4
Posture 3.5
Sound 4

Very good take overall. Playing could be more tight and defined, also try muting string you are not playing (same as on guitar) to avoid too much noise. For the posture I think you could try playing with a left thumb behind the neck, you will have a better grip when fretting that way. Sounds pretty much like my tone in the lesson. Try lowering mids just a bit and adding a little bass and also see if you can get more defined sound "less muddy" (set that on the bass itself). Very good take overall, new bass sounds great and I'm really glad you are starting to play bass covers too! Playing bass will definitly help you with your rhythm issues and also give you a different perspective on music.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Zecic
Jul 21 2009, 07:17 PM
GMC:er
Rhythm placement 4
Cleanness 4
Feel 4
Posture 3
Sound 4

I think your left hand position is quite problematic. Try to put your thumb behind the neck, it will help you a lot.
Other than that, everything else is pretty much ok.

--------------------
Check out my lessons!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 22 2009, 06:33 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
77.73% on this lesson, (pass)

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 22 2009, 06:36 PM

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:36 AM