David Wallimann First Lesson!, "Metalhead" solo lesson
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 5 2007, 11:09 AM
GMC Founder
David Wallimann first lesson!

Hey there - I am very proud to present a first lesson with David. The piece "metalhead" - is an intense solo-masterpiece with loads of tricks for you to use. I must say it's really a cool piece of music - I have watched it loads of times! biggrin.gif

As always with new instructors - your feedback is very much needed. Is the theory tricky? Do you need more/different explanations? What can we improve (etc.). The video quality will be improved until next lesson.

Enjoy!
Kris & David

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 5 2007, 11:23 AM
Instructor
I am at University right now so i can't turn on the sound but i can say the background is great! Really love the color hehe!

Can't wait to get home to hear the lesson!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 5 2007, 11:29 AM
GMC Founder
Yes - all though it is slightly off topic I must say I like the color too! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 5 2007, 11:40 AM
Lets go fishing!
Looks really great Kris, but i personally would like to see some scale charts that go along with this!. I like to know what im playing smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Matt
Apr 5 2007, 11:47 AM
GMC:er
absolutely brilliant solo there. This is the kinda stuff guitar masterclass needs! a bit more on the heavy side. If this guy keeps making lessons like that here, I'll be here for a long time smile.gif

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
Jazzie
Apr 5 2007, 12:17 PM
Great solo indeed! No Guitar Pro tab though.. I guess Pavel is the only one on the "band" wagon. tongue.gif

Going to have to get with Kris about that! cool.gif

l8ter
Jazzie

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 5 2007, 03:24 PM
Instructor
I'm glad you like Metalhead!
I'll make sure to take your comments into consideration for the next lesson.
If you have any questions on th ematerial covered, don't hesitate to email me.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
nrpstreetballa
Apr 5 2007, 05:36 PM
i have to say this is an incredible lesson,all the licks are fantastic and i like how u mixed sweet shred guitar with some cool kinda blues rock pentatonic licks, this is probably my favorite lesson rite now, who are your major influences that gave you this really cool style??? i would love to see some "in the syle of lessons" on them

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 5 2007, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (nrpstreetballa @ Apr 5 2007, 12:36 PM) *
i have to say this is an incredible lesson,all the licks are fantastic and i like how u mixed sweet shred guitar with some cool kinda blues rock pentatonic licks, this is probably my favorite lesson rite now, who are your major influences that gave you this really cool style??? i would love to see some "in the syle of lessons" on them

Thanks for the kind words!
There are a lot of great players that I admire, but if I had to give you three it would be Steve Vai, John Pettrucci, and Mattias Eklundh

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Apr 5 2007, 10:47 PM
Definitely an awsome solo. I like how it's basically a bunch of really great licks to strengthen your technique and use in your own playing. However, it would be nice to have some scale charts for some theory study. Besides that, I'm definitely trying this lesson out. Good Work. smile.gif smile.gif wink.gif wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ben C
Apr 6 2007, 03:32 AM
I really like this lesson too. I like how the whole video sort of seemed like it's own "song", if that makes any sense

Great Job David!

This post has been edited by Ben C: Apr 6 2007, 03:33 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 6 2007, 05:45 PM
Really awesome! I have actually been looking for stuff like this lately, perfect.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:25 AM