> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Muris Varajic Alternate Picking, Muris Varajic Lesson
Vote
Vote
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3

maharzan
Jun 26 2010, 04:28 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi,

Okay, as you might have known, I have been practicing this lesson for almost 2 months now (just few days left biggrin.gif ). So, its just been too much and I don't want to keep practicing and trying to get the perfect take. Its been a real journey and this was the first try I did a 150bpm. APing arpeggios was hell difficult but I managed to get it and the 16th triplets too. The experience was sweet and I am very happy that my arms don't pain much and I can do 150bpm.. YAY!!! I was pushing myself to harder lessons and speed has been my goal.

I learnt syncing of hands. And this in turn has reduced NOISE (which I was famous for) drastically. Definitely AP and speed also has improved.

Personally though, I feel like this take (after recording I noticed) went a tad bit faster than it meant to be.. so sounds like I am in a hurry mostly in the first half. Probably you can judge better. I still need to improve this. It always happens. It feels like you are on time but after recording, you are always a bit faster. Probably you can give me some tips to improve this situation. Latency on my ears... biggrin.gif

Anyway, here is the original lesson by Muris.

And heres my take.

Gears Used
=======
Triaxis
GForce
Ibanez JEM Jr with Custom PUPs

Thanks for checking again.

Cheers!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 30 2010, 02:21 PM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jun 26 2010, 02:57 PM
Instructor
wow! great job!

you are at a high level now, imo,

that's not easy to play,

I would only say that you keep on working on those small sloppy parts,

but overall sounds great!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 28 2010, 12:37 PM
Jazz Instructor
There are some mistakes, sloppy part, but considering everything it's 9. This is very difficult to play, and you have incredible pick, your right hand motion is brilliant, keep up the good work! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jun 29 2010, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Sounds excellent to me smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 29 2010, 03:46 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Well done man, 9.3!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:47 AM