> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Pentatonic Substitution Lesson, Muris Varajic Lesson
Poll
Vote
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

maharzan
Oct 10 2010, 06:27 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Folks,

Thanks for the feedback of my last take. I took another week of practice but the faster section still doesn't seem to be coming. I had practiced this lesson for a full month before too (in case if you are doubting I am not practicing at all) but somehow since I was so used to 3nps, 2nps has been really really difficult. The problem I have been facing is when I do it slowly even at around 95bpm, it seems to sound perfect but at a bit faster tempo i.e 105bpm, something isn't right, either the picking hand or the left hand, they just don't seem to be in sync at this speed. I have been analyzing that the picking style at slower tempo is different from picking style at faster tempo so I m guessing probably this is the main problem with me. Anyway, I have been doing daily about 2-3 hours just this faster lick but it doesn't seem to be better.. Any advices are welcome. I am sure some of you guys had this problem as well.

Anyway, its funny that I was kind of robotic in this video.. didn't realize it. biggrin.gif

Original: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...itution-lesson/

Ma Take:

Since I tried at least 2 times to record before this, I used Guitar Rig 4 for recording, just so less wires and not overheating the amps.

Thanks for checking.
Chandra

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Oct 20 2010, 08:26 PM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Oct 11 2010, 12:33 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Man, I know the problem, I am facing in right now. I am practicing a staccato lick with slides and one note almost always sound bad. I tried it on slower tempos, the problem still exists, so I ended up practicing it really slow, and a WHOLE lot. I mean it. And I won't stop untill I have it down the way I want it to be. So the point is that you just have to practice it at the same tempo untill you have it down. It doesn't matter if it takes days. I've isolated a small part from the lick, and I will practice it 'till I'm completely fine with it. It could become boring after a few days, but if that's what it takes to have it down, I don't mind it. My band Wisdom has finally found a singer, we will have a lots of gigs, we are currently working on a new album, and it just have to be perfect.

You should also work on your vibratos, but the overall phrasing is great.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Oct 13 2010, 11:35 AM
GMC:er
I think Zsolt analyzed perfectly the build-up of the perfect practicing method.
If you want to masterise some hard stuff you must do it that way, and spend hours with it.

If you have problems espacially with hand synchronization I can offer you the sreies of Danilo Capezzuto.
He did a good job in this topic, I think it will help you.

Good luck !

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Oct 15 2010, 12:52 PM
Instructor
Some of the fast runs should be played more clean but you're on the right way, as far as I can see.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 17 2010, 12:52 PM
Jazz Instructor
Good take, some parts should be played more clean and precise!

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 19 2010, 02:20 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Solid 8 performance!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:31 AM