Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elixir Question
fkalich
post Jul 28 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.189

poly or nano? I read Adrian's recent thread, and ordered a set of nano Elixirs. Actually I did not know at the time that their are two types, the poly being a thicker coating. I like the nano a lot. Which do any of use use, of the two types? I use a stiff pointed V-pick, which I am saying because one gets a much clearer tone with those than with a flat pick, and if there are redeeming advantages to the poly coating, I might be able to get away with it, even if the tone is not as bright.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
post Jul 28 2011, 03:06 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6.965

Umm I've found Polys have a thicker coating which means a smoother feel, but less squeek and squeel, feel like they are covered in heavy plastic, lasts longer, sound darker but I think it slightly kills the tone.

Nanos is more like "normal" guitar strings - the thinner coating feels and sounds better, but doesn't last as long needing more replacing, brighter tone.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jul 28 2011, 04:21 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1.189

thanks, that is what I figured. I probably just need to try the poly, and see what I think.

QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 27 2011, 09:06 PM) *
Umm I've found Polys have a thicker coating which means a smoother feel, but less squeek and squeel, feel like they are covered in heavy plastic, lasts longer, sound darker but I think it slightly kills the tone.

Nanos is more like "normal" guitar strings - the thinner coating feels and sounds better, but doesn't last as long needing more replacing, brighter tone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 28 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

I use nano and I'm UBER happy with them biggrin.gif wouldn't want any other strings biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Jul 28 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.341

I used for a while both kinds. Poly has too damped tone for my taste, and nano is OK, but too pricey to justify the costs, since I need to change them frequently. They are good string because of the coating, but beneath they are just regular strings IMO, nothing special.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
post Jul 28 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 6.085

Yeah,for a while I used nano Elixir, they are very good, have a longer shelf life, and they are a bit expensive .

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 03:28 PM