> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Lenni - Zeppelin Black Riffing - Take Ii, lesson by Adrian Figallo
Zeppelin Black Riffing
Grade
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Lenni
Aug 23 2011, 09:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok guys, you wanted it - you get it! tongue.gif

As you can see, this is my second try on Adrian's lesson, hopefully it turns out well rolleyes.gif

I focused mostly on the vibrato stuff, which I think became a little better this time. I also tried to improve the overall sound and although I'm not perfectly happy with that I like it a lot more than in the first video.

Zeppelin Black Riffing

In case anyone cares to compare my first try can be found here!

Gear:
Fender USA Strat
Palmer DI-Box (so I can hear myself playing through my amp)
Mbox Mini
Garageband (simulation of what seems to be an orange amp and some kind of overdrive pedal wink.gif )

As always many thanx in advance for your suggestions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 12 2011, 09:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 23 2011, 11:52 PM
Instructor
Tone is great, playing is great, including timing at this tempo which is not easy! very good job!

I would only complain about the noise between phrases, it could be neater, unless that's a desired effect

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2011, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Great take! The vibratos are much better. I think that you could make them even more stronger but you'll do it with some more time of practice. I still hear some little timing issues in some sections but once again, with some more practice you'll get the correct groove.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 24 2011, 07:00 PM
Instructor
Nice fat tone from a strat I like that dirtiness smile.gif Played good, but you need to get into the groove more, try to get slightly behind the groove and cut down the pauses in between the notes, it will sound even better.

Also, your posture is a bit strange. Try to record in the standing position, so your shoulders are more straight with each other. Try not to get it into habit of placing your spine like this.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 25 2011, 04:34 AM
Instructor
Hey lenni, great take dude, i like your fat tone on this much more, it's kinda huge and i like it, but with a huge fat tone you want to work now on the control of the strings and unwanted noise.

Now, sometimes the "unwated" noises are more than welcome, BUT, that's what make a tasty player, you need to be in control, even for the small noises going on.

It'sa great improvement from your last take, now i recommend you practice your vibrato a bit more, make it wider and less agressive for this type of music.

And also, try to check my original recording again, wait a couple of days or week and get back to it, you will notice some "micro bends" if you compare it carefully with your take, those are the little things you gotta work on.

I feel like this came kinda harsh, but i think im dealing with a good guitar player who wants to make progress and the only way to do it is to work on your weak points, i'm not going to tell you your good side because you know it already, so get to work on those weakness, you got something good going on.

edit: and probably you are going to get the same score as last time, that just means that the instructors are taking you more seriously i guess, i think you raised the bar a bit with this take.

This post has been edited by Adrian Figallo: Aug 25 2011, 04:36 AM

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2011, 01:43 PM
Instructor
I agree with what the guys said! Try to lock in with the groove more and play tighter - that means exactly what Adrian said, a good guitarist can be noisy as well, but noisiness has to be controlled as well wink.gif practice, practice, practice...and you'll make perfect biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 10 2011, 01:15 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.2 on this one Lenni, nice job.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:54 PM