2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Beatles Vs Stones
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2011, 07:24 AM
Instructor
hey guys! I think that it will be funny to know which of this classic rock bands do you prefer... just for fun. wink.gif

VS

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 30 2011, 08:07 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Uh, that is hard to decide...In my opionion, the Beatles have nicer melodies, while the Stones have more epic guitar riffs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 30 2011, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Beatles! more well rounded imo

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2011, 04:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 30 2011, 04:07 AM) *
Uh, that is hard to decide...In my opionion, the Beatles have nicer melodies, while the Stones have more epic guitar riffs.

It's a good description! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 30 2011, 06:36 PM
Instructor
100% beatles, i don't really like the stones that much.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 30 2011, 06:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm a huge Beatles fan so there goes my vote. It really amazes me how they perfected their songwriting.
Stones sound a bit too raw to me.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 30 2011, 06:46 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 30 2011, 12:36 PM) *
100% beatles, i don't really like the stones that much.

I vote for Beatles, however try listening to some older stuff, late 60's, such as from Flowers, Aftermath, Between the Buttons. They have dozens of songs that are kind of obscure now, I think still quite timeless and good. Such as this...

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 30 2011, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Beatles fan here smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2011, 05:50 AM
Instructor
Beatles are wining at this moment... we are a Beat site!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 31 2011, 05:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 30 2011, 12:46 PM) *
I vote for Beatles, however try listening to some older stuff, late 60's, such as from Flowers, Aftermath, Between the Buttons. They have dozens of songs that are kind of obscure now, I think still quite timeless and good. Such as this...

Ok dude, faith enough, i will give one more chance to the stones, i'm looking to buy an album, which one could i get?

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2011, 06:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 31 2011, 01:56 AM) *
Ok dude, faith enough, i will give one more chance to the stones, i'm looking to buy an album, which one could i get?

I have a 3 cds collection on singles which is amazing. It includes all their first years singles. Exile on main street is also a really good album... I read that it's considered the first grunge album.. it's a weird description but it's a way to describe its feeling...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 31 2011, 09:51 AM
Instructor
I never really listened to Stones that much. They are awesome of course, and have many many great songs, and recognizable sound. But my vote goes to Beatles and the way they composed. It's just brilliant what these 4 guys did back then.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Davidian
Aug 31 2011, 11:14 AM
Learning Apprentice Player

This is one of my favorite songs on the Exile On Main Street album.
I especially love the intro riff! smile.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 31 2011, 03:44 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Stones all the way!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2011, 03:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Davidian @ Aug 31 2011, 07:14 AM) *

This is one of my favorite songs on the Exile On Main Street album.
I especially love the intro riff! smile.gif

yeah, that's a great song & album!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 31 2011, 06:38 PM
Instructor
checking.. nice guitar tones smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 2 2011, 12:47 AM
The Dark Canuck
Hmmmm hard choice.... but for me I have to go with The Stones. I just love 'em. Saw them in concert a few yrs ago and the boys still got it smile.gif The Beatles are great and I'm a huge fan but I love the rawness of The Stones. There is just something about that Tele of Keith's and those riffs. The Beatles maybe a little more well rounded in somes opinions but I think The Stones keep up with them pretty well. They have some very diverse music and I think lyrically just as good as the boys from Liverpool.

As for favourites I have way way to many. Obviously stuff like Sympathy for the Devil, Painted Black, Start Me Up, Angie, Under My Thumb, Tumblin' Dice, etc all get a vote but here are a couple more I like

Dead Flowers is a must to play at any party for me smile.gif

The Last Time

It's all over now... another party must for me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 2 2011, 04:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I made sure to buy all the vinyl lp's of the Beatles before they stopped making them in the 80's & have most all of their cd's. I don't own any Stones, but I do like them. But I would most definitely say BEATLES!!!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2011, 07:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Sep 1 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Hmmmm hard choice.... but for me I have to go with The Stones. I just love 'em. Saw them in concert a few yrs ago and the boys still got it smile.gif The Beatles are great and I'm a huge fan but I love the rawness of The Stones. There is just something about that Tele of Keith's and those riffs. The Beatles maybe a little more well rounded in somes opinions but I think The Stones keep up with them pretty well. They have some very diverse music and I think lyrically just as good as the boys from Liverpool.

As for favourites I have way way to many. Obviously stuff like Sympathy for the Devil, Painted Black, Start Me Up, Angie, Under My Thumb, Tumblin' Dice, etc all get a vote but here are a couple more I like

Dead Flowers is a must to play at any party for me smile.gif

The Last Time

It's all over now... another party must for me smile.gif

Rok! You're back! biggrin.gif Those are really rocker songs! Both bands are so different. I started this thread but I sincerely can't choose only one... tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 3 2011, 01:13 AM
The Dark Canuck
Ahh you know me Gabriel, I can't stay away for long smile.gif Vacation was pretty good... and much needed. Good to be back though.

I like both bands as well but you know me, I just love my rock a bit more crunchy and not so clean cut for lack of a better description. But really I say lets just enjoy them both as it will be a very long time before we see the likes of these bands again.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:45 PM