Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introduction
smolentsev
post Nov 27 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.399

Hi Guys! My name is Artyom Smolentsev and I'm from Novosibirsk (Russia). I'm 24 now and I've been playing guitar for 4 years. I have two old guitars made in Japan (Greco SE600 and Greco SS600). I like almost every style of music, however my favorite are blues, rock (like AC/DC, Guns'n'roses, ZZ top) and funk.
The guitar players who inspire me are Hendrix, Billy Gibbons, Richie Kotzen, Angus Young, Slash, Steve Salas, Steve Vai, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Tom Morello and many other.
I found GMC by the link on youtube. I definetely like what I see here. I found lots of completely brilliant lessons and other activities. Instructors seem very professional, helpful and polite. I really enjoy practice with GMC! smile.gif
Cheers,
Artyom.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
post Nov 27 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 6.085

Здравствуй Artyom, and welcome to GMC ! You have similar interests as me, old school is the best biggrin.gif ! Feel free to ask for any assistance wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Nov 28 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

Hey Artyom, welcome to GMC ! smile.gif It's nice to welcome someone from the wintry land of Russia.

What kind of things are your practising at the moment ? Any particular techniques ?

--------------------
The only opponent is within.

My Youtube Channel

My Band

+Quote Post
smolentsev
post Nov 28 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 14.399

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 28 2011, 09:14 AM) *
Hey Artyom, welcome to GMC ! smile.gif It's nice to welcome someone from the wintry land of Russia.

What kind of things are your practising at the moment ? Any particular techniques ?

smile.gif Yes, Siberia is cold place, it's -15C outside, and it's only beginning of the winter. I foresee many cold evenings me practising smile.gif
At the moment I'm working on funky rhythm techniques and legato (using your lessons). Sometimes I also learn some vintage rock riffs because they are cool.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Nov 28 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 9.820

QUOTE (smolentsev @ Nov 28 2011, 01:47 PM) *
smile.gif Yes, Siberia is cold place, it's -15C outside, and it's only beginning of the winter. I foresee many cold evenings me practising smile.gif
At the moment I'm working on funky rhythm techniques and legato (using your lessons). Sometimes I also learn some vintage rock riffs because they are cool.

Yes, trying to get the hands warm for guitar is so hard !! It's bad enough in England so I can't imagine what it's like for you ! ohmy.gif

Glad to hear you're using the legato lessons, if you need any help you know where I am smile.gif

--------------------
The only opponent is within.

My Youtube Channel

My Band

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 28 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Hey Artyom! Glad you decided to introduce yourself to the community! biggrin.gif Feeling great to have ya here with us mate! What's your favorite tune from Richie Kotzen?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:01 PM