> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8.75, Pass) Mixolydian Soloing , Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

maharzan
Jan 12 2012, 05:30 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Original lesson: Mixolydian Soloing by Muris Varajic

Finally, I am doing a REC in a long time. smile.gif I think the tone didn't come quite well.. The rec posting is extremely easy, wow. Great work GMC. Thanks for checking!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by maharzan: Jan 12 2012, 05:30 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2012, 12:23 PM
Instructor
That was very good man, very tricky, but you managed to keep it solid to the end smile.gif There were some minor problems on the most tricky parts, most notably, that fast descending run was a bit off in timing, slides could be a bit more swifter, and those big arps could be more note defined as well. However, these are all small problems, I think your note separation and picking is quite good, and so is the tone. It's a 9 in my book.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 12 2012, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Hey Chandra, nice to have you back in the REC Zone ! cool.gif

OK, well technically it's pretty flawless so nothing to add there wink.gif

For me, the weakest aspect was the feel of the notes.. they felt a bit wooden and 'beginner' sounding. Possibly because you were focused on executing the techniques, which meant that vibrato and feel suffered a bit.

Also, it was a little out of tune with the backing.. so those 2 elements kept it from the top spot..

But still........ a 9 is nothing to complain about ! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 12 2012, 12:40 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2012, 04:35 PM
Instructor
Good playing! This lesson is very inspiring! I didn't remember it.

You played is well but there are some licks that should be tighter with the backing. You don't feel comfortable with the most difficult sections so I think that the best would be to isolate those parts and practice it over metronome until you feel that you are comfortable with it.

By the way, the lesson is very difficult (maybe it's more than level 6?) and you are so close to play it flawless, so congrats mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2012, 07:18 PM
Instructor
I agree with the guys Chandra! Congrats on this difficult lesson! A little bit more work on the articulation part - bending, vibrato and all around feeling and it can go to a 10!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2012, 04:02 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.75 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:41 AM