> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass, 8.6) Instrumental Rock Iii, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

maharzan
Jan 21 2012, 07:54 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Original lesson: Instrumental Rock III by Piotr Kaczor

Hi, Tried one again with "working" video today. LoL, I am still mad about yesterday's blank video when I got the lesson nearly perfect. Anyways, still struggling with artificial harmonics and those crazy whammy tricks. I love Satch but never tried that whammy harmonic stuff he does. This one was great to learn these tricks. Finally, feeling like I can rock! Sorry for the no facial expression, I wasn't getting a better take. :) Thanks for checking. All feedbacks are welcome. :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 21 2012, 11:06 AM
Instructor
Hey Chandra! Nice take mate! A very important thing here - I don't know if the fact that some of your bends are out of pitch because you're not bending with enough precision, or because of the fact that the floyd does not stay in tune that well. I would say 8 mate, but i am really curious regarding the above question smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 21 2012, 11:08 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 21 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
Yo Chandra, this is a rocking take of a rocking lesson !

You've got some real skills, which we all know by now wink.gif The only things I could criticise that really stood out for me were 2 things:

No palm muting on the opening phrases.. the palm muting gives those phrases the extra 'bite' and helps create an interesting dynamic between them and the non palm muted notes. If you can add that approach to your playing it will increase in cool-ness cool.gif

Some of the bends were a bit wayward. I know it's difficult to get the bends really accurate when you've got a million other parts of the solo to concentrate on but that's what makes these types of solos so good and so challenging smile.gif

9 !!

P.S. I notice you're wearing a big coat.. you must have been cold ??

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 21 2012, 11:10 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 21 2012, 01:44 PM
Instructor
I think this is great take, there are some problems here and there, but it's very good. Like the guys said, some bends are a bit out, but it's not a big problem. Still, a bit more security and proper bending would lead it to perfect take, so this is a great 9.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2012, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Good take mate! As the other instructors said... your bending technique needs some work because many of your bends are out of pitch. Besides that, I like your vibrato technique, it sounds really good, and your timing and picking are good. Concentrate on that and keep on rocking! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 29 2012, 08:57 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.5, pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:58 AM