> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Grunge Vs Metal Video Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 27 2012, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Good afternoon GMC!

I want to thank my fellow instructor and friend here, Mr. Gabriel Leopardi for the inspiration he provided in his thread, in order for me to come up with this collab idea biggrin.gif Thanks Gabe!

It's Grunge vs. Metal and there will be guitars screaming and wailing in the battle!

Here's the plan:

The backing track is made out of 2 types of riffs - a grungy one and a metal one, so choose whichever you like and solo over it, while trying to wear an outfit appropriate to the style you have chosen biggrin.gif you can choose both if you wish so!

Tempo: 110 BPM

Scales you could use: D minor and D blues

Material format and indications:

- please send the materials through rapidshare if possible
- Audio - wav. files - one containing the backing and one only the recorded part
- Video - mp4. avi. - try to use the conventional formats if you can.

Deadline: February, 25th, 2012

Let's see what sort of madness we can pull together laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GvsM_BT.mp3 ( 8.16MB ) Number of downloads: 410

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 27 2012, 12:20 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 27 2012, 11:32 AM) *
Good afternoon GMC!

I want to thank my fellow instructor and friend here, Mr. Gabriel Leopardi for the inspiration he provided in his thread, in order for me to come up with this collab idea biggrin.gif Thanks Gabe!

It's Grunge vs. Metal and there will be guitars screaming and wailing in the battle!

Here's the plan:

The backing track is made out of 2 types of riffs - a grungy one and a metal one, so choose whichever you like and solo over it, while trying to wear an outfit appropriate to the style you have chosen biggrin.gif you can choose both if you wish so!

Tempo: 110 BPM

Scales you could use: D minor and D blues

Material format and indications:

- please send the materials through rapidshare if possible
- Audio - wav. files - one containing the backing and one only the recorded part
- Video - mp4. avi. - try to use the conventional formats if you can.

Deadline: February, 25th, 2012

Let's see what sort of madness we can pull together laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cosmin

im in

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 27 2012, 01:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Well.. you ROCK C-Maestro! biggrin.gif Awesome backing. I am so in smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 27 2012, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Alright! biggrin.gif Great mates! I'll try to be a bit of both tongue.gif I just had an idea regarding ARIA - I realized we are a combination between djent and grunge, therefore, the style born could be called GRENT laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 27 2012, 02:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm confused...can I play a solo for this collab? Or rather not? Maybe just grungy chords?
Guess I'll have to figure it out laugh.gif

In short: I'm in!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 27 2012, 02:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 27 2012, 01:22 PM) *
I'm confused...can I play a solo for this collab? Or rather not? Maybe just grungy chords?
Guess I'll have to figure it out laugh.gif

In short: I'm in!

Play a solo, a theme, whatever you like biggrin.gif glad you're in! Remember I told you I'd give you an occasion to dress up again? biggrin.gif here it is!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 27 2012, 03:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha! Let's see...am I gonna wear my grunge or my metal suit ??? wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2012, 11:29 PM
Instructor
Hey Cosmin! This backing is FANTASTIC!! This is a first idea that I recorded over it! smile.gif

Attached File  Grunge_vs_Metal___Gabriel_Leopardi.mp3 ( 1009.59K ) Number of downloads: 253

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2012, 04:52 AM
Awesome! Who could say no?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 30 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Hey Cosmin! This backing is FANTASTIC!! This is a first idea that I recorded over it! smile.gif

Attached File  Grunge_vs_Metal___Gabriel_Leopardi.mp3 ( 1009.59K ) Number of downloads: 253

YEAH! biggrin.gif Great one Gabe! Really glad to have you on the boat for this one mate!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 31 2012, 03:52 AM) *
Awesome! Who could say no?

Welcome Todd! Yeehaw biggrin.gif this is going to be awesome fun!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 1 2012, 08:13 AM
Here is what I've got so far, is this along the line of what you were thinking? I sorta blend in both bits

Attached File  GrungeVMetal_todd.mp3 ( 5.21MB ) Number of downloads: 259

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 1 2012, 09:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 1 2012, 07:13 AM) *
Here is what I've got so far, is this along the line of what you were thinking? I sorta blend in both bits

Yes it is! Sounds killer Todd-meister! biggrin.gif Can't wait for the final take!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2012, 08:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 31 2012, 04:26 AM) *
YEAH! biggrin.gif Great one Gabe! Really glad to have you on the boat for this one mate!

My pleasure mate! this backing is amazing so this collab will be epic! Everybody should join it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 2 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 1 2012, 07:11 PM) *
My pleasure mate! this backing is amazing so this collab will be epic! Everybody should join it! smile.gif

It would be great to have as many people as possible biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 3 2012, 03:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
Great take Todd! It sounds like you and I have some similar ideas in our takes, although admittedly your take is MUCH cleaner than mine!! I personally felt like my brain was telling my fingers to play some "Alice in Chains" style licks/tone/bends.... do you happen to be an AIC fan?

GMC has me laughing about some of the OLD riffs I conjure up subconsciously while playing a lesson... for example, while riffing on Sinisia's "Lydian Collab" yesterday, I started playing a Satriani line (big surprise...it's lydian!!) that I haven't heard in almost a decade (and I don't really play/study that style either), mixed with part of a solo from a live Phish disc I haven't heard in years!! The ol' brain doesn't easily forget your influences, and can JUMP into your solo without even trying!!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 31 2012, 11:13 PM) *

Ok, here's my "for fun" take again.... (can't afford recording interface until tax return!)

Also, I'm at work, so couldn't put on my grunge outfit!! I swear, if they ever put me in a GMC comic, it will deal with the fact that I'm always submitting vids from the mattress store I work at!! Imagine walking in to get a better night's sleep, and you see THIS....

So, I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty sloppy, but I really didn't put a ton of time into it. It's 50% "half mapped", and 50% improv....which doesn't really work for me when I'm playing more rock/metal stuff, since I'm more of a funk/country/blues player. But, something tells me with some help from y'all, I'll have some killer metal licks to pull out in no time!!

If I get time, I'll try and clean it up again and re-submit. Plenty of time before the deadline, but I felt like posting this rough take anyway, since I was just having fun with it (in between customers, that it!). Great collab Cosmin!! Can't wait to hear the finished result.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 3 2012, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Nice take biggrin.gif I'm really looking forward to having you on this one so, if it happens that you have the means to submit the 'official' take before the deadline, I'd be honored to have ya!

I think you did very well for a funk/ country/ blues player tongue.gif a little more work on some of the bends and it can be grungily perfect to fit the scene! I am a very big AIC fan (from time to time, I'm playing in an AIC tribute band called Redrum)

Keep us updated mate wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2012, 08:32 AM
Great minds think alike! Yup, love Alice in Chains smile.gif And yup, I was thinking this called for a bit of AIC so yeah, I"m doing a bit of channeling Jerry Cantrell smile.gif

QUOTE (derper @ Feb 2 2012, 09:08 PM) *
Great take Todd! It sounds like you and I have some similar ideas in our takes, although admittedly your take is MUCH cleaner than mine!! I personally felt like my brain was telling my fingers to play some "Alice in Chains" style licks/tone/bends.... do you happen to be an AIC fan?

GMC has me laughing about some of the OLD riffs I conjure up subconsciously while playing a lesson... for example, while riffing on Sinisia's "Lydian Collab" yesterday, I started playing a Satriani line (big surprise...it's lydian!!) that I haven't heard in almost a decade (and I don't really play/study that style either), mixed with part of a solo from a live Phish disc I haven't heard in years!! The ol' brain doesn't easily forget your influences, and can JUMP into your solo without even trying!!

Ok, here's my "for fun" take again.... (can't afford recording interface until tax return!)

Also, I'm at work, so couldn't put on my grunge outfit!! I swear, if they ever put me in a GMC comic, it will deal with the fact that I'm always submitting vids from the mattress store I work at!! Imagine walking in to get a better night's sleep, and you see THIS....

So, I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty sloppy, but I really didn't put a ton of time into it. It's 50% "half mapped", and 50% improv....which doesn't really work for me when I'm playing more rock/metal stuff, since I'm more of a funk/country/blues player. But, something tells me with some help from y'all, I'll have some killer metal licks to pull out in no time!!

If I get time, I'll try and clean it up again and re-submit. Plenty of time before the deadline, but I felt like posting this rough take anyway, since I was just having fun with it (in between customers, that it!). Great collab Cosmin!! Can't wait to hear the finished result.

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 7 2012, 10:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
Though I'm still waiting til tax return day to purchase an interface to deal with the latency issue, I DID find one cheap workaround..... If I play through my Roland MicroCube amp (for some effects, with no latency) into the mic in jack on my laptop I don't have much latency. It seems to come in when I run Amplitube for effects. So I'll have my buddy give me a quick tutorial on how to use Adobe Audition to record my guitar to a backing track, and I should have the means to start submitting better stuff. Also, I can run Amplitube AFTER the fact to help tone and whatnot, but before figuring out to use the Roland for effects, my options were either
-PURE plain tone, with no latency
-Amplitube effects, with latency so horrible I can't even play on time

Neither of which was acceptable.

I hope I have time to go back submit a cleaner, more organized take of my original idea. If not, Todd is pretty much channeling my ideas into a cleaner, more rip-tastic version anyway!!! tongue.gif

Thanks for the support Cosmin!! And yeah, my bends were pretty horrible on that take!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 2 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Hey mate! Nice take biggrin.gif I'm really looking forward to having you on this one so, if it happens that you have the means to submit the 'official' take before the deadline, I'd be honored to have ya!

I think you did very well for a funk/ country/ blues player tongue.gif a little more work on some of the bends and it can be grungily perfect to fit the scene! I am a very big AIC fan (from time to time, I'm playing in an AIC tribute band called Redrum)

Keep us updated mate wink.gif

Cosmin

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2012, 05:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 7 2012, 09:16 PM) *
Though I'm still waiting til tax return day to purchase an interface to deal with the latency issue, I DID find one cheap workaround..... If I play through my Roland MicroCube amp (for some effects, with no latency) into the mic in jack on my laptop I don't have much latency. It seems to come in when I run Amplitube for effects. So I'll have my buddy give me a quick tutorial on how to use Adobe Audition to record my guitar to a backing track, and I should have the means to start submitting better stuff. Also, I can run Amplitube AFTER the fact to help tone and whatnot, but before figuring out to use the Roland for effects, my options were either
-PURE plain tone, with no latency
-Amplitube effects, with latency so horrible I can't even play on time

Neither of which was acceptable.

I hope I have time to go back submit a cleaner, more organized take of my original idea. If not, Todd is pretty much channeling my ideas into a cleaner, more rip-tastic version anyway!!! tongue.gif

Thanks for the support Cosmin!! And yeah, my bends were pretty horrible on that take!! ohmy.gif

No worries mate! Whenever you feel comfortable and satisfied, go ahead and send a take wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 12 2012, 10:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wow.. the entries so far blew me off... You guys are too good ohmy.gif Great stuff.
If I come up with something worthy I'd be happy to join too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:03 AM