> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass, 9) Picking Arpeggios, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

maharzan
Jan 30 2012, 12:21 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Original lesson: Picking Arpeggios by Ben Higgins

Hey all, I really appreciate all the feedback from previous RECs. This one is quite tricky. I thought I was good at AP but this thing got me pretty confused in the beginning. The stretch is the most difficult part. Although I could get good ringing take, somehow I spoiled it at the end. This take seems okay although theres few mute notes. Its a good practice nevertheless. I just wanted to post this as I am excited. :) Thanks, Chandra

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 30 2012, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Very very good man, i like your timing here a lot, and I like your picking dynamics, you managed to keep it leveled, and you didn't "fall" towards the end of the take, although it is a bit tense in the end, and you loose clarity on couple of notes. It's no big deal, well done, it's a 9.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 31 2012, 05:13 PM
Instructor
Good job! Everything sounds good!
There were some parts that sounded a bit sloppy
When you are practicing alternative picking start very slow until your hands will get synced together
you can start with just first three strings and play a note for every click it will help make your picking technique clearer and will develop your alternative picking

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 1 2012, 12:14 AM
Instructor
As you say, this is good practice, and you can much better than this one.This is a bit hard to train, if it maybe doesn't seem at first glance, but alternative picking is very important and must be practiced slowly and patiently.I understand that you are excited, but you still need to practice a bit and then gets a 10 wink.gif!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2012, 04:37 AM
Instructor
Good job man! As you said there are some muted notes or timing issues when you do some chord changes but it's a good take, and a great exercise! Keep on working hard! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 1 2012, 01:41 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Well done, 9!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:16 AM