> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass 8.6) Thrash Like Mustaine, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
10 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 5

stephanegeiser
Feb 11 2012, 05:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Thrash Like Mustaine by Ben Higgins

Played on 7 strings guitars

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 11 2012, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Wow! Sounds pretty good and tight! Good job on getting those riffs down!
You can work on your sound more cause it seems to me that there is too much distortion you are hiding behind

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2012, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Hey friend! Great guitar!! smile.gif This lesson is very demanding for the right hand and you played it good. I think that you should mute a bit more the strings when you are doing the palm muting riffs to make it sound cleaner and clearer (check how Ben makes it sound in the original lesson). Some fast pentatonic parts end played with palm muted but you don't do it (for example the last notes of the lesson), I think that it sounds cooler with the PM as Ben plays it. There are also some little timing issues or notes that don't ring in the fast legatos. By the way, the take is good. Keep on working!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2012, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Great job with this one and great guitar. Very good timing, and picking, but as Gab said, you need to palm mute more. Check out the original and see how it's muted, you need to achieve this type of chugging effect. I think you are on the right track! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 11 2012, 10:48 PM
Instructor
This take is great! It is very demanding work, but you found a good way to play it well. Of course ,a few timing issues but nothing serious ,just keep rocking in a same way !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 11 2012, 11:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Stephane, it's great to somebody tackling this lesson - thank you ! smile.gif

The guys have already picked up on the 2 areas that I would have mentioned - palm muting and timing.

Adding palm muting will really help riffs stand out and get that heavy 'chug'.

In a few places you were rushing in front of the beat a bit..

Apart from that you've got a nice, relaxed picking technique. Keep up the good work.

P.S. That's a beautiful guitar cool.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 13 2012, 03:24 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.6..nice job!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:26 AM