0 0

> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rammikin's Metalcore Meltdown
Rammikin
post Jul 27 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #81

Experienced Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 11.529

Yeah, this is strange. I think the most important thing I've been able to improve is my ability to hear when the timing isn't right, but I don't hear a problem on this one. Here is my take overlaid with yours. I'm not hearing a noticeable difference.
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcab2607
The only difference I hear is when playing double stops (in the open D string section and the octaves section) my lower string sounds louder than the upper string, maybe because the lower one is wound? Are you saying you hear a difference in the timing? If so, I'll need some help understanding where the difference is.

And here's me playing over you playing the slowed down version from the angled part of the video.
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcab2607slow
I suppose it's also possible I'm playing this better today after a couple more days of practice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jul 27 2012, 08:06 AM
Post #82

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

Hey bro smile.gif Now that i had a chance to listen and make a comparison - your timing isn't that faulty, BUT each ending of the phrases is a bit rigid and unbalanced, due to the fact that you are probably rushing to move to the next and this creates the feeling of not having a good timing.

Try to work on these transitions, ok? Otherwise, we're going pretty good!

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 1 2012, 03:16 AM
Post #83

Experienced Rock Star

How about this?
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcab3107-1

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 1 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #84

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey man, this is a lot better! You are almost there, just watch out for the small imperfections - it's as you are not anticipating some position changes and they take you by surprise. You get there and then it tends to happen again - it's exactly the same thing like last time, but you got better at not being hindered by it wink.gif I think it's just a matter of focus to nail this one down to perfection. Towards the end of the solo, the timing is a bit different from the original recording, as in you are delaying the note changes a bit - but it sounds interesting!

I told you - you are an interesting fellow smile.gif You usually get stuff which is difficult sounding very good, but sometimes you get tangled in some stuff which is easier - it should be the other way around, but hey, sometimes 'easy stuff' is not that easy, right? smile.gif

Anyway - focus on these things, let's get one more take, as close to perfection as possible and then move on to something else, k?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 2 2012, 03:18 AM
Post #85

Experienced Rock Star

I know what you mean. I labored over two simple open string notes on this lesson. On this take I tried to think ahead. As I came to the end of each phrase, I'd think about the next phrase. I bent a note a little too sharp at the end, but I kind of like it, so I left it smile.gif.
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcab0108

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 2 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #86

Experienced Rock Star

On second thought, I can do better than that. Here's one that's tighter.
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcab0208

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 3 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #87

Instructor
Group Icon

It's getting better and better mate wink.gif

There are still some of those glitches that we have been talking about, but from one take to the other, they seem to be disappearing. I would work a bit more on the bends though - in the lead part at the end - some of them are not really reaching the desired pitch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 10 2012, 01:07 AM
Post #88

Experienced Rock Star

Sorry, I've been away on holiday, no guitar sad.gif. Here's one where I paid special attention to those bends.
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcab0908

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 13 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #89

Instructor
Group Icon

Howdy bro! Well, there are still parts where you are not fretting the notes in order to obtain the desired sounds - as I said before, it will take some time and practice to get it perfect. See for instance, the part where lick at 0.13 is ending, is shaky and you can't hear all the notes. All these are details and you have to take care of them, if you want to nail it perfectly.

The drive in the middle part gives it more power - I like that. The beginning of the solo and a few other parts have the same issue regarding the fact that not all the notes can be heard.

Put in a little more groove in the whole piece, take care of the little details and it's yours wink.gif

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 13 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #90

Experienced Rock Star

Yeah, playing that phrase and getting to the G at :13 without missing any notes is my nemesis, but I think I nailed it this time.
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcab1308

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 14 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #91

Instructor
Group Icon

Alright! Looks like you nailed all the notes and the solo is better too!

Well, if you practice this one more and focus on making it sound more and more fluid, it will gradually come to life. The only thing it's lacking right now is flow smile.gif

What do you think, would you like to move on and keep practicing this one in parallel?

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 14 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #92

Experienced Rock Star

Yes, moving on sounds good. I suppose the challenge will be to find a lesson simple enough for me smile.gif. It's a little discouraging that after all this time I can't even get a passing grade on a Rec take for a level 3 lesson sad.gif.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 15 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #93

Experienced Rock Star

Maybe this one next?
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcmm60814

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 15 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #94

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Aug 14 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Yes, moving on sounds good. I suppose the challenge will be to find a lesson simple enough for me smile.gif. It's a little discouraging that after all this time I can't even get a passing grade on a Rec take for a level 3 lesson sad.gif.

My friend smile.gif Try not to think about the levels - music is music and it gets easier to some people and harder to others, there's no recipe to getting something into your system faster. YOUR tempo is yours alone wink.gif

Be patient with yourself and continue the journey smile.gif Well, it seems like you have already got a good hold on the main riff in the lesson you proposed wink.gif There's one you added, but otherwise, the groove is tight! Let's go for it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 15 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #95

Experienced Rock Star

If you ever accidentally play that extra note, I expect writing credit smile.gif. That must be a very dramatic entrance to come on stage to that riff!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 16 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #96

Instructor
Group Icon

tongue.gif Hehehe! I won't, because it has to fit the exact drum pattern biggrin.gif But let me tell you a little bit about the entrance:

Lights down - the recorded intro goes off - it is a dramatic part of the OST from 'Blood diamond' if you know the movie biggrin.gif when the violins kick in, we go on stage and stand perfectly still, while the drummer stands on his feet on his drum stool above everyone.

There's a slight tension moment at the ending and a deep voice says 'Voodoo Domination!' then hell breaks loose with this riff and from this whole part we go into the first song which is usually 'Melt inside'

Hope I haven't bored you to death biggrin.gif so let's hear your version!

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 18 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #97

Experienced Rock Star

Sounds awesome! I picked up the Voodoo album yesterday, great stuff!

On this one I'm having a hard time fingering the arpeggiated chord, so I left the high e string open. I'll keep trying to find a fingering that works for me, but my fingers just may not be long enough smile.gif.
http://soundcloud.com/bryster/gmcmm61808

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 19 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #98

Instructor
Group Icon

Hey man! Wow, thanks for the support biggrin.gif I am glad you liked it, which one is your favorite song? You have to know that the little solo in the song called 'Dying Today' was not recorded by me sad.gif I forgot to re-do that one and I am very disappointed about the way that one sounds sad.gif Your take is pretty good! The things that can be improved would be the noise smile.gif and the tightness of the riffage especially towards the ending of each cycle. You tend to lose the grip JUST a little there. Otherwise there's groove man! I like it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
post Aug 19 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #99

Experienced Rock Star

I'd have to say No More Pain and How Many are my favorites. I thought the guitar work on those was especially inventive.

To be honest, I'm pretty depressed about my Metal for Rockers Rec. I worked hard all week and take 3 received a lower score than take 2 smile.gif. I can take progressing slowly, but no progress is rather discouraging sad.gif.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 20 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #100

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Aug 19 2012, 02:44 PM) *
I'd have to say No More Pain and How Many are my favorites. I thought the guitar work on those was especially inventive.

To be honest, I'm pretty depressed about my Metal for Rockers Rec. I worked hard all week and take 3 received a lower score than take 2 smile.gif. I can take progressing slowly, but no progress is rather discouraging sad.gif.

Thank you man smile.gif 'No more pain' is my creation entirely and 'How many' was already written when I joined the band - just had to take care of the solo tongue.gif

Listen mate, don't worry. I am sure you have worked a lot, but your obstacle does not lie in the fact that you work lesser or more smile.gif You only have to pay attention to details, man! When you will have managed to surpass this thing, your takes will improve astronomically - you CAN play it, but you have to be able to SPOT IT. That's what you need to work on smile.gif

There are things which you can immediately grasp - see the groove in the Metal Metrics take you just did - it's almost perfect and it has groove smile.gif

Try to sing everything that you play, along the lesson track and then, when it's imprinted in your mind, sing it against the backing track. Then, play it and sing it in the same time - SLOW smile.gif Very SLOW. There's no substitute to this technique and no failing either wink.gif

Try it and let me know how it feels - do it with the Metal Metrics lesson, as you can already play it - it'll feel comfy!

Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 03:01 AM