> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Slash Style Licks
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2012, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! In today's Video Chat lesson I share a backing track and 10 licks in the style of Slash.

The backing track has two parts, the first one is a riff in A minor Pentatonic the then we have a mixolydian progression in A.

A - G - D - A

The scales that you can use over this backing track are:

These are the licks:

Attached File  Slash_Style_Licks.gp5 ( 7.21K ) Number of downloads: 1334

Attached File  Slash_Style_Licks_all.pdf ( 140.34K ) Number of downloads: 5135

and here you can download a loop of the backing track:

Attached File  Slash_Style_Backing.mp3 ( 15.7MB ) Number of downloads: 2217

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 3 2012, 08:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm new to using "tuxguitar", the free/open-sounce GP program.... and it seems to be playing all of the riffs at once. Anyone else out there using tuxguitar?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2012, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 3 2012, 04:36 PM) *
I'm new to using "tuxguitar", the free/open-sounce GP program.... and it seems to be playing all of the riffs at once. Anyone else out there using tuxguitar?

I don't use it but the problem is that I wrote each lick in a different channel, this means that you will hear all them at the same time unless than you put solo on one channel or mute on every channel excepting the one that you want to hear. Is it clear?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 5 2012, 09:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks Gab! I'm totally new to GP/tuxguitar, and it sounds like that's probably the problem. A "user error" on my part! ohmy.gif

I'll give it a shot later this month. Lovin' the idea for this collab, but I want to sit down with the Slash riffs before just submitting. Hmm....maybe I should do one FIRST, then compare with AFTER adding some Slash licks!! cool.gif

Top hat, and cig required, right? *Kidding. Smoking is bad for you!! mad.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 3 2012, 12:44 PM) *
I don't use it but the problem is that I wrote each lick in a different channel, this means that you will hear all them at the same time unless than you put solo on one channel or mute on every channel excepting the one that you want to hear. Is it clear?

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2012, 12:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 5 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Thanks Gab! I'm totally new to GP/tuxguitar, and it sounds like that's probably the problem. A "user error" on my part! ohmy.gif

I'll give it a shot later this month. Lovin' the idea for this collab, but I want to sit down with the Slash riffs before just submitting. Hmm....maybe I should do one FIRST, then compare with AFTER adding some Slash licks!! cool.gif

Top hat, and cig required, right? *Kidding. Smoking is bad for you!! mad.gif

hahah yeah mate! top hat and cig required! tongue.gif tongue.gif

That Before/After idea sounds great, I would like to hear both! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
michaelwalker
Mar 7 2012, 06:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 2 2012, 09:10 PM) *
Hello guys! In today's Video Chat lesson I share a backing track and 10 licks in the style of Slash.

The backing track has two parts, the first one is a riff in A minor Pentatonic the then we have a mixolydian progression in A.

A - G - D - A

The scales that you can use over this backing track are:

These are the licks:

Attached File  Slash_Style_Licks.gp5 ( 7.21K ) Number of downloads: 1334

Attached File  Slash_Style_Licks_all.pdf ( 140.34K ) Number of downloads: 5135

and here you can download a loop of the backing track:

Attached File  Slash_Style_Backing.mp3 ( 15.7MB ) Number of downloads: 2217

Funny the gp5 file does not lay on my GP6

--------------------
Guitars: Jackson DK2S, Jackson JS-20, Peavey AT-200 autotune, my homemade Gibson Flying V, ESP MH-301, Ibanez ARTCORE AF-75, Ibanez Mikro, Yamaha JR-1, Yamaha F-335, Epiphone Artisit 200, Ovation Idea, and last but not least a rare Brownsville Mini.

Amps: Crate GX-2200H with 2 Crate 4X12, Fender G-Dec3, ZT Lunchbox, ZOOM G3X Effects and Amp Simulator

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2012, 07:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (michaelwalker @ Mar 7 2012, 02:50 PM) *
Funny the gp5 file does not lay on my GP6

Really? That's weird! Try importing one of these files:

Attached File  Slash_Style_Licks_GP4.gp4 ( 5.01K ) Number of downloads: 277

Attached File  Slash_Style_Licks_MusicXML.zip ( 2.79K ) Number of downloads: 326

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
colobro
Mar 30 2012, 11:26 PM
GMC:er
Is this collar still open? I know it said the 20th but I thought I would check. Thanks!

QUOTE (colobro @ Mar 30 2012, 10:23 PM) *
Is this collar still open? I know it said the 20th but I thought I would check. Thanks!

Nevermind. I just saw the collar on youtube.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2012, 08:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (colobro @ Mar 30 2012, 07:26 PM) *

Nevermind. I just saw the collar on youtube.

yes, it's closed now but I will be starting a new one in some days. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:33 AM