Help Man That Needs A Little Help Sir, Please? :d, Playing guitar...
TuckerG
Mar 11 2012, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
Hello Ivan! How are you sir? biggrin.gif I, my friend, am stuck. tongue.gif I am learning your Clapton blues lesson, and loving it. However, I really need your knowledge on executing part 5...I have been watching the video with much vigor, but cannot get up to speed, and I LOVE That lick!!! smile.gif Are you doing hammer on's to go so fast, or picking every note? Any chance you could write me description of some kind, as to how I should go about hitting the notes for this lick? Ivan, I know I'm not real high up, but any help would be appreciated so much! smile.gif Have a good week sir, btw your little girl is soooo cute ( I assume that is your little girl in your profile pic), haha!! We are expecting a little girl next month. biggrin.gif

-Tucker

Ahhh Ivan!! I am so goofy man! tongue.gif lol, after 150 consecutive views, I just now watched the whole section together, and saw the part where you ZOOM in on your pick hand, and play the notes at 1/1000 the speed of a wet turtle wearin' combat boots... biggrin.gif Haha, still though any words on strategies for this lick would be welcome. Other than that, I will just relax, and build my speed up. smile.gif

-Tucker

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 16 2012, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Hey Tucker, hope you don't mind me wading in.. just had a quick look at the video part in question and all the different hand angles Ivan uses for the video part. I would follow closely the pick strokes he demonstrates from 0:53 onwards, as there are places where he doesn't pick and just uses hammer ons.

It's quite hard to learn licks like this is they cover a lot of ground very quickly but I would try my best to keep certain target notes in my head, and as long as they stay in time with what the original is doing, the other notes in between usually fall into synch as well.

Also, when on the last pick stroke before a hammer on try to pick a little harder to give you a kind of 'snap'. This not only helps get that tone but it also acts as a strong, reference point so you don't get lost. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Mar 17 2012, 12:55 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 16 2012, 09:31 AM) *
Hey Tucker, hope you don't mind me wading in.. just had a quick look at the video part in question and all the different hand angles Ivan uses for the video part. I would follow closely the pick strokes he demonstrates from 0:53 onwards, as there are places where he doesn't pick and just uses hammer ons.

It's quite hard to learn licks like this is they cover a lot of ground very quickly but I would try my best to keep certain target notes in my head, and as long as they stay in time with what the original is doing, the other notes in between usually fall into synch as well.

Also, when on the last pick stroke before a hammer on try to pick a little harder to give you a kind of 'snap'. This not only helps get that tone but it also acts as a strong, reference point so you don't get lost. smile.gif

Awesome advice Ben, Thank you much!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:46 PM