> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(7.6, Pass) Blues Soloing - Beginner, Lesson By Ivan Milenkovic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

waggers
Mar 22 2012, 09:17 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Blues Soloing - Beginner by Ivan Milenkovic

I'm trying my best !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2012, 08:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (waggers @ Mar 22 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Original lesson: Blues Soloing - Beginner by Ivan Milenkovic

I'm trying my best !

Hey Andy! smile.gif Congrats on a good effort man - the take is shaping up pretty nicely and it can get a lot better if you will focus on the following aspects:

- the bends are a bit under the tone
- there are some small timing slips (for example the phrase around 0.23 where you rushed things a bit)

Try playing it slower while focusing on the things above, then gradually speed it up by keeping everything under control smile.gif

I'm sure it can be great! Let's exchange some ideas in your thread wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 23 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
Nice one!
I wanted to add one thing : pay attention to your left hand vibrato, some notes are a little bit out of tune.
Just slow down things to keep the control.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Mar 23 2012, 10:43 AM
Instructor
I agree with Cosmin and Stephane. Try to play in very, very slow tempo. It can be harder than playing in normal tempo, but it really works. Otherwise I like your tone and bends.

Regards /piotr

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2012, 10:01 PM
Instructor
Hi man! I agree with Cosmin and Stephane about your bends and timing, and also about your vibrato. By the way, as you are a beginner I think that you are on the right track with this one. Just concentrate on those things now and you will improve your playing a lot. Timing in blues is difficult because there are many different note values in one lick so don't worry, just keep on working hard! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 24 2012, 12:13 AM
Instructor
You did a very good job! I see a huge improvement since I heard you last time!
You still can work on your timing using a metronome and practicing at a slow tempo!
When you were playing a fast lick it sounded off so you can concentrate on this lick and really master it!
Your tone improved a lot as well and I am happy to see your progress!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 24 2012, 12:57 AM
Instructor
Nice ! But at first, the guitar sounds out of tune on some strings.You still have not total band control , so tones do not sounds concrete. Phrases are accurate, but are not connected, as you have a problem with changing the position and with overall string control. Can't see clearly , but action of the strings is a bit higher than it should be ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 11 2012, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.6,pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:39 PM