"no Words", A new song by me
VilleFIN
Apr 7 2012, 08:53 AM
Tone Seeker
http://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/no-words-1

So here it is.

I left it almost the same as in demo. I didn't get any solo for it but there's a breakdown \m/ \m/

I tweaked it just a little with eq.

For those GuitarRig fans the guitar tone is "Dual riff" + ezmix guitar mix patch.

Please let me know how does it sound.

Cheers

-Ville-

p.s. If someone is interested a song collaboration, or want to share riffs to make a full song...I'm really interested. Pm me wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrontlineGuitar
Apr 7 2012, 08:56 PM
GMC:er
Sounds great! biggrin.gif Love some of the riffs here - I especially like the change to the dark-sounding clean section about 2/3 of the way through.

Awesome job!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 8 2012, 06:49 AM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ Apr 7 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Sounds great! biggrin.gif Love some of the riffs here - I especially like the change to the dark-sounding clean section about 2/3 of the way through.

Awesome job!

Thank you sir !!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 8 2012, 06:49 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 10 2012, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Duuuuuuuuuude, that is killer !!! cool.gif

Really impressed man biggrin.gif

Is that just one guitar track panned dead centre ? I can only imagine how huge it would sound with 2 rhythm tracks panned either side.... wink.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 10 2012, 01:16 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 10 2012, 10:50 AM) *
Duuuuuuuuuude, that is killer !!! cool.gif

Really impressed man biggrin.gif

Thank You !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 10 2012, 10:50 AM) *
Is that just one guitar track panned dead centre ? I can only imagine how huge it would sound with 2 rhythm tracks panned either side.... wink.gif

Yes, one only but with "dual" amps. Could be huge but I won't touch it any more. I'll move forward to another song wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2012, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! You have really cool riffs there! I like it! smile.gif

Regarding the mix and sound in general it's good. I feel that the lower frequencies need some boost, you could maybe equalize the bass guitar and boost frequencies around 75 - 100 hz. That will make the mix sound fuller. Also the drums need some improvement. The overall drum track sound too compressed and without dynamics. Have you added a compressor and reverb to the whole Drum kit?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 11 2012, 05:38 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 11 2012, 07:08 PM) *
Hi mate! You have really cool riffs there! I like it! smile.gif

Regarding the mix and sound in general it's good. I feel that the lower frequencies need some boost, you could maybe equalize the bass guitar and boost frequencies around 75 - 100 hz. That will make the mix sound fuller. Also the drums need some improvement. The overall drum track sound too compressed and without dynamics. Have you added a compressor and reverb to the whole Drum kit?

Thanks for compliments !

I use Ezmix software. I have put "drum bus" preset into drums fx. In to my ears it makes drums clearer. Also reverb slider is put almost full in drums mixer. Of course into professional ears it may not be the best but I'm still learning wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 14 2012, 12:15 PM
QUOTE (WeePee @ Apr 11 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Thanks for compliments !

I use Ezmix software. I have put "drum bus" preset into drums fx. In to my ears it makes drums clearer. Also reverb slider is put almost full in drums mixer. Of course into professional ears it may not be the best but I'm still learning wink.gif

Nice! Spiff all around. And well done embracing "drum bus" sending the drums to their own bus quite handy. Tools like EZ mix make it possible to get good demo results at home. Software really has imporoved how good non engineers (like myself) can make backing/demo tracks sound without shelling out for studio time. God Bless Toontrack! EZ Drummer/Ez Mix, I love those guys. smile.gif It helps to have some things sort of just work so that you can spend more time making creative decisions instead of technical ones.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 30 2012, 09:10 PM
Tone Seeker
Hi to all !!

Again biggrin.gif

I have been fooling around with Lopasshighpasseqthiseqthatyaadayaada mix techniques and this is result.

Is the new mix better than the earlier ?

Old

https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/no-words?in=alfafirefox/sets/ep-2012-15

New

https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/no-words-ezmix2-3

Thanks in advance !!

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 31 2012, 08:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great sounding to me and Well done , i like it a lot !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 31 2012, 01:16 PM
Much better mate!!
Big, fatter and deeper sounding all round!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:25 AM