> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(9, Pass) Power Of Mini Sweeps, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Opetholic
May 8 2012, 02:19 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Original lesson: Power Of Mini Sweeps by Ben Higgins

Have been working on it for 6 days. Audio quality is pretty bad so apologies for that. The legatos at the end are quite sloppy still but working on it. Need some feedback..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 8 2012, 03:27 PM
Instructor
Hey, this is great !! You're doing really well on this.

When you do those really fast ones near the end, don't keep your middle finger resting on the B string or this will create a 'notes that bleed into each other' type of sound. Only fret the notes when you need them and this will help separate the sound smile.gif

I even lift off the index finger when it's not needed but not everybody does that. It's not quite as necessary as lifting off the other fingers when they're not needed. I hope that helps ! Keep up the good work smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Congratulations for this great take smile.gif I agree with Ben's advice - lifting all your fingers will tighten up the sound and offer definition - and I think that you did very well on it. You know what? I think I'm going to practice this one myself biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 8 2012, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2012, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Good job man! In addition to Ben's comment I will say that the timing is a bit off in some parts, mostly in the faster ones. The notes sound good but you lose a bit the rhythm, so I think that you should practice this one at a slower tempo to make it perfect. By the way it's a 9 for me! Well done! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 8 2012, 10:34 PM
Instructor
You've already got the right advice, no need to repeat. This is a very demanding song, so despite the errors in timing,what I like most is a clean tone, super! Keep working wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
May 19 2012, 05:56 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:42 AM