2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Power Trio's, Hey how about a list of 3 piece bands?
AK Rich
Aug 3 2012, 09:19 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I have always been impressed by 3 piece bands kicking out huge amounts of sound and I thought I would follow Slavenko's idea of the
Glam Metal solo's thread and the Under Rated Metal bands thread and start one on the Power Trio. Under rated, over rated, unknown, your favs or otherwise , anything goes as long as it is a 3 piece. I am sure you guys and gals can come up with some I have never heard before smile.gif

So to get the ball rolling I will start with an obvious one and another that is maybe not so obvious.
I have always been a huge fan of Rush, the Canadian 3 piece I am sure most of us know.Kickin out the jams and roasting a bunch of chickens on stage while they are at it! (check 4:47 for a good look) tongue.gif . Also I like the little tip of the hat to Cheech and Chong for the ending. cool.gif

And then follow with some King's X, another fav of mine, maybe not so well known.

I had to add this second vid from them that I ran across because I just thought it was so awesome how the crowd interacts with the band , Doug steps up to start the first verse but the fans just take over the vocals and it sounds amazing, and the expression on his face says it all, what a great feeling that must have been.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 3 2012, 09:24 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
[quote name='AK Rich' date='Aug 3 2012, 10:19 AM' post='599155']
I have always been impressed by 3 piece bands kicking out huge amounts of sound and I thought I would follow Slavenko's idea of the
Glam Metal solo's thread and the Under Rated Metal bands thread and start one on the Power Trio. Under rated, over rated, unknown, your favs or otherwise , anything goes as long as it is a 3 piece. I am sure you guys and gals can come up with some I have never heard before smile.gif

Hey thank you for this vids they are a great start in my day biggrin.gif

Feel like 21 now laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 3 2012, 09:30 AM
GMC:er
Heh, how did I knew u'll on first place post Rush ? wink.gif

The band that is extremely underrated!! I'm sure everybody knows this one!

This one for sure!!

ANd most brutal band from first middle of 80's

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 3 2012, 09:58 AM
Learning Guitar Hero

Hey thank you for this vids they are a great start in my day biggrin.gif

Feel like 21 now laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dieter
[/quote]

You are quite welcome Dieter! So glad I was able to help get your day off to a good start and feeling like you are 21 again is definately a great way to go! smile.gif

Cheers! Rich...

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 3 2012, 12:30 AM) *
Heh, how did I knew u'll on first place post Rush ? wink.gif

The band that is extremely underrated!! I'm sure everybody knows this one!

This one for sure!!

ANd most brutal band from first middle of 80's

Hahahaa right on Slav! I knew you would come thru with something that illustrated the "Power" in Power Trio! And already 2 bands that I haddn't heard of, that Primus tune I know and is one of my favs by those guys. cool.gif
Very cool man thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 3 2012, 10:06 AM
How could you forget.... these guys

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 3 2012, 10:35 AM
But those guys are not so underrated at all!
We were expecting for someone else to post them cool.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 3 2012, 11:08 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 3 2012, 03:05 PM) *
But those guys are not so underrated at all!
We were expecting for someone else to post them cool.gif

So, you mean that Rush is underrated ??? ohmy.gif NO WAY !!!! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 3 2012, 12:17 PM
Possibly the first 'power' trio:-
Cream. (Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce & Ginger Baker.)

Bruce and Baker have also teamed up with Jeff Beck.

That Lil' Ol' Band from Texas:-

Blue Murder.
John Sykes, Carmine Appice and my friend Tony Franklin.

Carmine Appice has been in many, many trio's with a plethora of well known people.

That other Texas Trio:-

And who could forget these chaps???

biggrin.gif

Maybe not quite the 'power' you originally meant but without 2 of these trios a lot of guys from today wouldn't have picked up a guitar!!
wink.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 3 2012, 12:28 PM
Instructor
I don't listen to them but Immortal are a 3 piece

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 3 2012, 12:48 PM
Yeaah, pure F%$ing Norway Black Metal!
Admit that Instead of them u're listening to Cradle Of Filth , cos they're ur neighbours tongue.gif

This is pure Bushido Black Metal For Our Bensei wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 3 2012, 01:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 3 2012, 12:48 PM) *
Yeaah, pure F%$ing Norway Black Metal!

Have you seen this, it's hilarious ! I love the fact he's completely honest about his limitations smile.gif

I guess it's pure Norwegian guitar playing ?? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 3 2012, 01:31 PM
Haha, this is fantastic!!! Didn't saw that one!! I like his huge sound!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 3 2012, 01:38 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Let's start with an underrated one, and one of my favs...Alkaline Trio. For some reason I love this punk/emo band biggrin.gif

And a few not so underrated ones, to say the least wink.gif
Green Day have a second guitarist plus two additional musicians on stage nowadays, but they still play their old songs as a three piece.
I think I don't have to say anything about Nirvana and Muse, right? wink.gif
And Blink 182 are also a great three pice band!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 3 2012, 01:49 PM
Instructor
If they don't have to be underrated bands then I'm surprised no one has mentioned MUSE yet !

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 3 2012, 01:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 3 2012, 02:49 PM) *
If they don't have to be underrated bands then I'm surprised no one has mentioned MUSE yet !

Well...I just posted a Muse video tongue.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Aug 3 2012, 04:01 PM
the Aristocrats (Bryan Beller, Guthrie Govan & Marco Minneman)

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Nether
Aug 3 2012, 04:38 PM
Another pair of trios tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2012, 04:45 PM
Instructor
This is a great list! I will share 2 powerful trios from Argentina... please check out this two bands!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 3 2012, 07:52 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
WOW!! blink.gif . I got up this morning and got some coffee before sitting down to check this thread and it was like Christmas morning in here! biggrin.gif
Now I have a nice playlist for the day.
Thanks for all the great responses everyone! The list is off to a great start, Keep em coming and remember ANYTHING goes as long as it's a 3 piece so that includes any genre as well.
Hey Sensible did you notice that I had posted the very same Blue Murder vid in Slavenko's Glam Metal Solo's thread? Too cool! cool.gif
Man I love this Community wub.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Aug 4 2012, 02:46 AM
This is great I love learning about new bands, especially from other countries. Here's a couple of my favorite finds.

These guys are one of my favorites, and they were nice enough to autograph there new record before they sent it too me. Great guys.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:43 PM