Practice With Cael: Warm Up Routine 2, "24 Spiders"
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 26 2014, 10:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to the Chromagym! A bit of a finger work out that gets your fingers moving and gets your finger coordination and independence going. This work out takes about 25 minutes to complete if played without mistakes. smile.gif

This is based around the classic 1-2-3-4 permutations of which there are 24:

1234 1243 1324 1342 1423 1432

2134 2143 2314 2341 2413 2431

3124 3142 3214 3241 3412 3421

4123 4132 4213 4231 4312 4321

We'll be playing through each permutation starting from the 9th position and moving down to the 1st position. So hop on and play with me through this workout.

Here is the drum beat I use in case you want to practice through these without me: [attachment=35994:24_Spiders_drums.mp3]

Thanks for viewing this lesson smile.gif.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 2 2014, 04:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,

Instead of doing yet another thread, I'm just gonna put this here as an announcement of this new SI lesson thread.

When these threads are posted, they first have to be accepted by an admin, which means they go down a bit on the list of new posts. Anyway, this is another warm up thread, about 25 minutes to complete if played along with me. Hope you'll enjoy it!

Now I'm done with warm ups I will move on to some alternate picking stuff in the coming week.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 3 2014, 05:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
A shameful bump, as I think this has gone lost among the new posts. No one interested in leaving a comment?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy, thanks for the heads up, as I am not visiting this part of the forum that often smile.gif I think it's a good exercise, especially now that everyone can follow it and practice along with you - I actually took my guitar to see how it feels smile.gif After you guys reach his presented speed, it would be nice to play along with the video and actually doing your warmup with Cael biggrin.gif

Let's see the AP dude!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 3 2014, 05:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 3 2014, 05:39 PM) *
Hey buddy, thanks for the heads up, as I am not visiting this part of the forum that often smile.gif I think it's a good exercise, especially now that everyone can follow it and practice along with you - I actually took my guitar to see how it feels smile.gif After you guys reach his presented speed, it would be nice to play along with the video and actually doing your warmup with Cael biggrin.gif

Let's see the AP dude!

Thanks for the comment, Cosmin. smile.gif And thanks for checking it out. The AP exercises will be up some time during this week, I think. Maybe tomorrow if I'm fast smile.gif I'm currently brainstorming trying to come up with a way that I could have most people playing along with me through the work outs. Maybe some videos at different speeds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2014, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
Added some "Diagonal Licks" per your request this weekend to the Video CHat (Sundays lesson, #262 http://bit.ly/gmclesson262 ) There's the link to check them out. I didn't notice you in the list sat/sun, but there will be more coming smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 26 2014, 04:27 PM) *
Welcome to the Chromagym! A bit of a finger work out that gets your fingers moving and gets your finger coordination and independence going. This work out takes about 25 minutes to complete if played without mistakes. smile.gif

This is based around the classic 1-2-3-4 permutations of which there are 24:

1234 1243 1324 1342 1423 1432

2134 2143 2314 2341 2413 2431

3124 3142 3214 3241 3412 3421

4123 4132 4213 4231 4312 4321

We'll be playing through each permutation starting from the 9th position and moving down to the 1st position. So hop on and play with me through this workout.

Here is the drum beat I use in case you want to practice through these without me: [attachment=35994:24_Spiders_drums.mp3]

Thanks for viewing this lesson smile.gif .

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 3 2014, 09:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 3 2014, 09:32 PM) *
Added some "Diagonal Licks" per your request this weekend to the Video CHat (Sundays lesson, #262 http://bit.ly/gmclesson262 ) There's the link to check them out. I didn't notice you in the list sat/sun, but there will be more coming smile.gif

Thanks, Todd. Yes, I did see it on the forum. Thanks for that smile.gif I was at my girlfriend's place so I couldn't come on. Will probably miss next weekend as well as I'm there again. Sorry!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2014, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
No worries smile.gif The notes will be there for ya!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 3 2014, 03:38 PM) *
Thanks, Todd. Yes, I did see it on the forum. Thanks for that smile.gif I was at my girlfriend's place so I couldn't come on. Will probably miss next weekend as well as I'm there again. Sorry!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2014, 09:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 3 2014, 04:47 PM) *
Thanks for the comment, Cosmin. smile.gif And thanks for checking it out. The AP exercises will be up some time during this week, I think. Maybe tomorrow if I'm fast smile.gif I'm currently brainstorming trying to come up with a way that I could have most people playing along with me through the work outs. Maybe some videos at different speeds.

Hey mate - why not try to put up 2-3 short exercises which would be presented at 50%, 75% and 100% speed smile.gif That way, everyone can practice with the metronome in between and then get practicing with you when reaching these milestones wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 4 2014, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Now I wonder why You wasn't a "Spiderman" in our Extrordinary collaboration smile.gif))

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Mar 4 2014, 03:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cael, that's great!

I have warmed up with both this one and the last one a couple of times. Very nice to warm up when playing with
someone else. Also it makes sure you get warmed up properly.

Thank you for these, very useful stuff! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 5 2014, 01:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Mar 4 2014, 03:39 PM) *
Hey Cael, that's great!

I have warmed up with both this one and the last one a couple of times. Very nice to warm up when playing with
someone else. Also it makes sure you get warmed up properly.

Thank you for these, very useful stuff! smile.gif

Thanks, Amitai. I'm trying to get better at these and will hopefully have more stuff up in the near future. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2014, 01:08 PM
Instructor
It's a great thing that you added them to your signature - let's hope folks will notice them easier than before wink.gif Looking forward to see your next exercises mate!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:25 AM