> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Blues Rhythm Guitar, Lesson By Sinisa Cekic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Folkyringo
Jul 9 2014, 08:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Blues Rhythm Guitar by Sinisa Cekic

Hello everybody, here is my first Take of 'Blues Rhythm Guitar'. Thanks Volker

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2014, 01:43 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! Your video is set as private, we cannot see it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2014, 08:02 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

Indeed, please do set it on public or unlisted so that we may watch, comment and grade.

Thank you!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 10 2014, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Volker, this is a good effort. There's some things to work on yet...

Timing, first of all. In many places you are in front of the beat. This is also known as 'rushing' or just 'being ahead' or 'too early'. This is just solved by delaying your movements until you're right on the beat.

Here's a video I made about timing. This may help you improve in this area:

The other thing is just that your picking hand misses some notes occasionally but this is mainly due to your timing being out. If you improve the timing then you have more chance of hitting all the notes because you won't have to rush those bits to compensate.

If my comrades have any other observations they'll give you some tips on those too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2014, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!

Thanks for making the video available for us smile.gif

As Ben said, the two most important things here would be timing and accurate playing. Both are solvable, by slowing down and practicing the parts against the slower backing tracks, after watching Ben's video, which is a very useful set of info!

This lesson is all about groove, so please focus on this aspect by making sure you know all the parts and practicing them separately against the metronome at first and then putting them all together and practicing with the backing track. Another useful thing that you should do, would be to record the take against the original recording and compare them - are you in perfect synch with the other guitar? If not, where are the spots that are different? This will give you a conscious image about the differences, which in my opinion will help a lot.

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2014, 04:01 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Thanks for setting this one as visible.

This lesson is very interesting to improve expression aspects as rhythm/groove, dynamics, vibrato and slides. You are playing the notes right but now it's time to give the overall lesson a stronger feeling while you play it. This is what I recommend you to do:

- Take the first 12 seconds of the lesson. Listen to the original one and then compare it with your take. Focus on details like when the instructor mutes the strings, vibrato, slides, dynamics.
- Once you write down the things to improve on your playing, start playing that first part trying to emulate Sinisa's playing.
- Practice this first part over the backing track, or using a drum loop.
- Once you think that you are playing it like the original, start with the following part.
- The final step would be to connect everything and play it again with the main backing track.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 13 2014, 12:23 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Good effort, 5.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:44 AM